Remote Agents

BoatNFun

FL
I was curious do any of you p&c agents work from home or remote with either a small office space or one of those shared office places for meetings but primarily work from home? It seems like a lot of life and health agents work from home just wasn’t sure how many p&c agents do.

I am commercial p&c and do a lot of work from home, as well as my office. I frankly don't need my office and in the next few years will probably start spending more time at my vacation home and working remote.

For personal lines p&c, I can see a physical office being more crucial. Less so for commercial.

I am commercial p&c and do a lot of work from home, as well as my office. I frankly don't need my office and in the next few years will probably start spending more time at my vacation home and working remote.

For personal lines p&c, I can see a physical office being more crucial. Less so for commercial.

Thanks for the response Mark! What about if one agent is at office and some agents are remote, would both personal lines and commercial still work if your able to sell policies to the area your remote? Also we rarely have any walk ins at our physical office mainly calls or emails.

I don't know, I assume you could make it work for personal and commercial. I just know that some personal lines people want to come in personally. So do some commercial clients, but less so.

I was curious do any of you p&c agents work from home or remote with either a small office space or one of those shared office places for meetings but primarily work from home? It seems like a lot of life and health agents work from home just wasn’t sure how many p&c agents do.

Working from home and using a Virtual Office such as a Regus may be possible, but there is much to consider. First, in smaller communities it is more difficult. People want to see your sign. Could be perceived as negative when word gets out your working from home. In metropolitan, not so much. Second, some Carriers and Groups require an office, and frown on agents operating without a full time office. Third, you need to train your customers to not come to see you. Fourth, and most important - Lexis Nexis will make this type of change very very very very difficult.

With that said, agents do it. Agents with most success have smaller, more established loyal books of business in large metropolitan cities.

I have been working remotely for my office since I moved out of state and originally thought I was retiring. Since most of the quoting and carriers are all done online it was easy to do. I also use Go to my PC to remote into the office computer, which I actually used to train the person who took my place in the office and can assist anytime she needs my help. Also, I use email quite a lot! I do have a designated phone line for business calls so customers can still call me. I have a designated office that can be locked and everything on the computer is password protected. The only thing I can't do is see customers that come into the office. I try to go into the office periodically just to stay in touch with the staff.

Latest posts

Back