Repeal and Replace

Mostly political rhetoric. Nothing I read will bring down premiums. What the heck are age-adjusted tax credits?

Tort reform would have minimal impact on cost of health care. Projections in the 2 - 3% range.

Buying across state lines has NO impact. Never was a good idea for health insurance. Makes even less sense now when only a few carriers are left.

Buying across state lines has NO impact. Never was a good idea for health insurance. Makes even less sense now when only a few carriers are left.

But it SOUNDS good.

And since Cruz wants it, all my Tea Party friends take it as gospel.....

I can't believe that the whole buying across state lines idea still exists.

There's only one carrier in my state that covers the whole state. The ones that have network in other states just have a small pocket over the border. None have a viable network of any form in another state. No PPO's available either, so there's really no value to anyone not in the state.

Then again, people in NY would be happy to grab a platinum PPO from another state and abuse it. It'll be cheaper and a silver plan here, and totally won't cause the company to go bankrupt or force them to raise rates.

GA passed legislation a few years ago (2012, 2013?) allowing carriers to sell health insurance across state lines. Not a single carrier filed to offer their products here. The legislator that sponsored the bill, a P&C agent, was shocked.

Jan 4, 2016

Repeal of ObamaCare is finally making it to the President's desk.

Story: GOP-led Congress set for first time to vote, pass bill to replace ObamaCare | Fox News

I'd be interested to see how much we paid our legislators to accomplish this fruitless task. I've seen estimates for running congress to be $12-$30 million per day.

I would have to guess the number of repeals to now be in at least the mid-30's?

Low-ball Estimate 30 days x $12 million = $360 million

June 23, 2016

Here's the ObamaCare replacement plan that the GOP is rallying around, are hoping to obtain Donald Trump's endorsement of it.

News Article: Paul Ryan unveils plan to set fire to the American health care system - Chicago Tribune

Rough Draft of The Plan: http://abetterway.speaker.gov/_assets/pdf/ABetterWay-HealthCare-PolicyPaper.pdf

It will be awkward of Paul Ryan seek Donald's endorsement, considering how cold the GOP has treated him. But to beat Hillary they need to bury the tomahawk.

June 23, 2016

Here's the ObamaCare replacement plan that the GOP is rallying around, are hoping to obtain Donald Trump's endorsement of it.

News Article: Paul Ryan unveils plan to set fire to the American health care system - Chicago Tribune

Rough Draft of The Plan: http://abetterway.speaker.gov/_assets/pdf/ABetterWay-HealthCare-PolicyPaper.pdf

It will be awkward of Paul Ryan seek Donald's endorsement, considering how cold the GOP has treated him. But to beat Hillary they need to bury the tomahawk.

I read through the draft plan and it answers many of the existing issues of Obamacare, it's too bad there can't be a bipartisan effort to clean up this mess along the lines proposed by Ryan

Back