Replacement "Insurance" - Downloadable File

Wow.....they say "no good deed goes unpunished." I made this for myself and thought I would share it. Everyone has the option to:

1) Use it
2) Don't use it
3) Change it to your liking

If someone offers you a free pepperoni pizza you don't complain that there are no olives on it. The form is supposed to be a subliminal message at policy delivery, not a "mini-agent" to restate the whole sales process for all time. If you disagree, see options 2 and 3 above.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Jerard. I'll probably replace the "lying" with mistaken or something a little less inflammatory.

That is a good form to staple on front of policy. The following is something you can staple on the back or place somewhere else prominently:

I am your life insurance policy.

You and I have similar purposes in this world.

It is your job to provide food, clothing, shelter, schooling, medicine, and
other things for your loved ones. You do this while I lie in your safe
deposit box.

I have faith and trust in you. Out of your earnings will come the cost
of my upkeep. At times, I may appear insignificant to you – but someday
(and who knows when) you and I will change places.

When you are laid to rest, I will come alive and do your job. I may
provide food, clothing, shelter, schooling, medicine, and other things your
family will continue to need – just as you are doing now. When your
work and labor are done, mine will begin. Through me, your
hands can carry on.

Whenever you feel the price you’re paying for my upkeep is burdensome,
remember that I can do more for you and your family than you will ever
do for me.

If you do your part, I will do mine.

Sincerely yours,

Your life insurance policy

Wow.....they say "no good deed goes unpunished." I made this for myself and thought I would share it. Everyone has the option to:

1) Use it
2) Don't use it

If someone offers you a free pepperoni pizza you don't complain that there are no olives on it. The form is supposed to be a subliminal message at policy delivery, not a "mini-agent" to restate the whole sales process for all time. If you disagree, see options 2 and 3 above.

Thanks for sharing it. I like it as is. The only thing I'll change is replace lying to you with not being honest with you....and I'll change the phone #'s.:twitchy:

Of course the ideal situation is that no client would ever even think of talking to another agent. But this is not a perfect world and the "silver tongue devils" out there may talk themselves inside to review YOUR clients coverage. Seeing your clients at least once a year helps, but people have short term memories (especially old farts like me). This is not the cake on preventing replacements, but perhaps the icing.

Basically I just expanded on what I thought was a good idea I read on the forum several months ago. As a geek I'm always having to be geeking with something. :1smile:

----------

Replacement is not a big issue for me. Although I did have a large (for me) one last year of about $7,000 and another couple I was able to rewrite myself. They were all several years old, two were 20 years old but they did get my attention.

My contact info is in no less than 3 places on my delivery packages.

I used to staple a half sheet with all my contact information on the cover of the policy. I printed them in colored paper so that they would stand out. I got away from it. Not sure why.

Thanks for the reminder that I need to start doing that again.

1) Use it
2) Don't use it

I don't want to discourage you by any means, but I suppose our sales processes are different. Here's a video on the kind of process I use, including the 2-3 page "plan" documents:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQSUbiNJHR4

----------

Jerard, I must apologize to you. Your process must be different from mine because I focus more on middle income market and business owners, while you are focusing more on final expense.

For final expense, it is ALL driven by price and how long that price is guaranteed for the insured. For that kind of sale, your piece is perfect!

My kind of sales require more indepth fact-finding and more strategies being utilized. Therefore, they would require a different kind of a "supplement" than what yours does.

That's all.

When you provide documents to an insured that are outside of the required documents, and make blanket statements, especially using the word "NEVER" the only thing you do for yourself is increase your exposure to litigation should something go wrong.

Send that letter to your e&o company and ask them what they think about the 3 guarantees you are providing to your client outside of the policy itself.

I paid my premium, but committed fraud to get the policy in the first place...I'm glad this will never cancel!

1) Use it
2) Don't use it

Good one. :D

I agree with you. Sometimes we get an answer to a question we didn't ask.

I meant to get back to these before now, but been under the weather with a cold. I made some changes and uploaded new versions to post #1.

I changed "lying" to "...is a dirty, rotten, lying POS that will burn in insurance agent hell."
Yea...I'm joking but if it turns out to be true we can all have a party.

Again, don't forget add your own name and edit your companies.

Back