Riding a Bike for Door Knocking?

Can't believe I missed this post! I ride a bicycle in the field everyday year round! Works very well in heavily populated areas. I cold canvass off a list based one 1 zip code with 1 mile radius. For example, one of my targeted lists has over 2000 names all within a square mile. A bicycle works well for this. Gas used to be a big part of my lead cost. Not anymore! When I'm not running appointments, I average about 85 stops a day plus a second round in the evening on the not-homes.

I work with seniors with incomes under $50,000. I used to to find a post to lock my bike to a few houses down, but now I just ride up in to the driveway. As far as what people might think, it's all in your head! Most people don't really care. Once in a while, I'll hear, "why don't you have a car"?, I usually just tell the truth. All my money goes to pay back STUDENT LOANS! They usually understand. It helps to be in shape too. A fat person on a bike riding in the snow translates into "Can't afford a car." A fit person on a bike in the snow translates into "a die hard cycling enthusiast"

Don't let being broke, and not having a car be an excuse to not getting started in this awesome business! Work ethic makes up for capital, especially if you're not afraid to pick up the phone (no expensive Dialer needed) or knock on a door!

Can't believe I missed this post! I ride a bicycle in the field everyday year round! Works very well in heavily populated areas. I cold canvass off a list based one 1 zip code with 1 mile radius. For example, one of my targeted lists has over 2000 names all within a square mile. A bicycle works well for this. Gas used to be a big part of my lead cost. Not anymore! When I'm not running appointments, I average about 85 stops a day plus a second round in the evening on the not-homes. I work with seniors with incomes under $50,000. I used to to find a post to lock my bike to a few houses down, but now I just ride up in to the driveway. As far as what people might think, it's all in your head! Most people don't really care. Once in a while, I'll hear, "why don't you have a car"?, I usually just tell the truth. All my money goes to pay back STUDENT LOANS! They usually understand. It helps to be in shape too. A fat person on a bike riding in the snow translates into "Can't afford a car." A fit person on a bike in the snow translates into "a die hard cycling enthusiast" Don't let being broke, and not having a car be an excuse to not getting started in this awesome business! Work ethic makes up for capital, especially if you're not afraid to pick up the phone (no expensive Dialer needed) or knock on a door!

Props to you. ...................

Can't believe I missed this post! I ride a bicycle in the field everyday year round! Works very well in heavily populated areas. I cold canvass off a list based one 1 zip code with 1 mile radius. For example, one of my targeted lists has over 2000 names all within a square mile. A bicycle works well for this. Gas used to be a big part of my lead cost. Not anymore! When I'm not running appointments, I average about 85 stops a day plus a second round in the evening on the not-homes.

I work with seniors with incomes under $50,000. I used to to find a post to lock my bike to a few houses down, but now I just ride up in to the driveway. As far as what people might think, it's all in your head! Most people don't really care. Once in a while, I'll hear, "why don't you have a car"?, I usually just tell the truth. All my money goes to pay back STUDENT LOANS! They usually understand. It helps to be in shape too. A fat person on a bike riding in the snow translates into "Can't afford a car." A fit person on a bike in the snow translates into "a die hard cycling enthusiast"

Don't let being broke, and not having a car be an excuse to not getting started in this awesome business! Work ethic makes up for capital, especially if you're not afraid to pick up the phone (no expensive Dialer needed) or knock on a door!

What products are you selling?

FE with a lot of cross selling of CI. Although lately, I'm writing more $10,000 CI policies than I do FE. Thinking of just leading with CI!

If your knocking doors selling CI you must be knocking down at least 5-8 policies a week. You cannot help but make a great income if your doing this consistently every week.

I bet your writing GTL products...

If your knocking doors selling CI you must be knocking down at least 5-8 policies a week. You cannot help but make a great income if your doing this consistently every week. I bet your writing GTL products...

I bet not "........................

Sooooo....watcha gotz against fat people? :skeptical: :laugh:
I am fat! But i'm losing weight! And yes a fat person still looks out of place on a bicycle!

----------

If your knocking doors selling CI you must be knocking down at least 5-8 policies a week. You cannot help but make a great income if your doing this consistently every week.

I bet your writing GTL products...
Yep, Good old CHS! I wouldn't say you can make a good living sale it exclusively though. That's the real reason I'm on a bicycle! The occasional FE sale definitely makes up for CI's low contracts!

I don't think the bicycle will look very professional, a Segway maybe, but not a bicycle! Actually, scratch the Segway idea, just drive and park at the middle of the block so the customer can see what you are doing and you look more reputable to them.

Back