Ritter or Senior Market Sales

SAI,

I hope you don't feel we misled you on this. I certainly don't mean to hide the fact that we pay the commissions. We do spend a considerable amount of time processing business, following up on policy issue and follow up on commissions, so there is some value to have an administrative team scrubbing and tracking policy issue and commissions. Regardless, I wish they just paid direct.

Craig

I wasn't implying that you misled me. What I meant was it slipped by me. I filled mine out last minute and rushed through it. I received most of my commissions so I have no complaints. I just assumed I was paid direct and didn't pay attention.

Starting to sell med-sup. What is street level comission for MoO and UHO. Any difference between Ritter and SMS?

Jay

I recall some of Ritter's contracts are sent out in abbreviated form. Ask for the FULL CONTRACT. Also, I believe for their Blue Cross contract the money is paid to Ritter, not you. Get a contract where the carrier pays YOU.

I have a question for you Craig. Your contract states 18% (years 1-6) for BCBS GA Med Supps.

For those of us appointed direct with BCBS GA, we get a tiered commission schedule. First 10 cases is 12%, next 15 cases is 15% and anything above 25 cases is 18% and it's retroactive to the first case in that year. And that's the kicker. Based on my understanding, those of us appointed direct start over each year at the 12% mark for new business.

With that said, are those appointed through you always at 18%? I've written a ton of business with them this year due to the whole GI thing they've got going right now on replacements, but there's no guarantee I will continue to write as much with them once the GI deal is done. And I certainly don't want to do it for 12% starting next year.

SAI,

All Anthem GA's and FMO's are required to pay downline agents. I'd prefer not to administer commissions. I'm hoping that Anthem will pay broker's directly in the future!

I do have details on how I administer commissions in my Anthem contracts on pages 7-9. Here is a link to the current contract (requires authentication).

I hope you don't feel we misled you on this. I certainly don't mean to hide the fact that we pay the commissions. We do spend a considerable amount of time processing business, following up on policy issue and follow up on commissions, so there is some value to have an administrative team scrubbing and tracking policy issue and commissions. Regardless, I wish they just paid direct.

Craig

Looking into these two FMOs right now, primarily for access to SilverScript but also to improve our Senior offerings. We have a small agency of 4 producers writing employee benefits, Medicare products, and the occasional u-65 on referral.

Anyone have any more recent experience with RIM and/or SMS? Much appreciated!

Bigger fmo isn't always better . Find out who you are working with and their experience. How much help do you need in getting started and like the last post will your upline answer the phone. PM me if would like some advice

Looking into these two FMOs right now, primarily for access to SilverScript but also to improve our Senior offerings. We have a small agency of 4 producers writing employee benefits, Medicare products, and the occasional u-65 on referral.

Anyone have any more recent experience with RIM and/or SMS? Much appreciated!

I am not an agent. In the spring I did reading in a lot of threads about imo's while considering becoming an agent.

If you have a hidden agenda (ie needs) that are not expressed in your post above, you need to identify those and relate them to what the choices you asked about provide.

Personally, after the reading I have done on site, if i was in the position of having an established medicare insurance business for which I wanted additional carriers and: I did not want to use my current business relationships for some reason and I wanted to make a decision which I was not going to second guess, I would call Todd King and ask him if he represented the carriers I wanted to add.

Back