What is your sales process?

I have no sales process. I don't sell anything (other than maybe my good looks). My clients are about 87% referrals (it's probably more; I'm not keeping close track).

I don't talk product specifics until we've talked about & through coverage they've had, what they're used to, & their coverage needs. I generally encourage clients to recognize that the 'job' we're doing is mostly one of resolving "good problems to have".

My clients want to optimize the Medicare benefits they've earned over their working career. We work together to aim for that goal. Happily, we're generally starting from a base of "we're at a good starting point - let's do some tailoring for an even better fit". This 'job' is never really finished.

Just wondering what peoples sales process looks like. Im trying to redo my process because I realized its a large waste of time. For example, I would spend a lot of time going over what medicare supplements are and how they work and pricing, only to realize they can’t afford a supplement anyways so that was a complete waste of time. Also explaining how original medicare part A and B work and the costs behind it, only for people to get confused about the pricing when supps or MA comes into the picture which basically made that a waste of time. Just trying to save time but also make sure Im giving people good service.

This is the very reason a "fact finder", "needs analysis" or whatever you want to call it, works well. It helps you narrow down what they need and don't need, etc.

I have no sales process. I don't sell anything (other than maybe my good looks). My clients are about 87% referrals (it's probably more; I'm not keeping close track).

I don't talk product specifics until we've talked about & through coverage they've had, what they're used to, & their coverage needs. I generally encourage clients to recognize that the 'job' we're doing is mostly one of resolving "good problems to have".

My clients want to optimize the Medicare benefits they've earned over their working career. We work together to aim for that goal. Happily, we're generally starting from a base of "we're at a good starting point - let's do some tailoring for an even better fit". This 'job' is never really finished.
What states do you work in? It sounds like you work like me. All of my leads come from referrals and I continually service the client. I only work in Ohio and sometimes have a need to refer clients to agents in other states.

With all due respect. Of course you have a sales process and of course you sell something. You, like the rest of us, are salesmen, Our objective is to make the sale- and get paid for our efforts. Now, each of us get to that point in different ways. As I said in my prior post, there are many ways to skin a cat.

Interesting. You do not sell a policy to a customer? You do not earn a commission from a sale? I am genuinely curious how you are not selling something. Please enlighten me. And I am not talking about a sales process, I am talking about the end game, when you sell a client a product.

In the end, we all sell a product. That's what provides us an income. However, there are many of us who never "ask" for the sale. We educate the prospect, answer questions and then they tell us what they want. Sure, there are times where we may assume the close by transitioning into taking an application, but we are not high pressure, close it today people.

I view myself as a problem solver. People come to me with a problem and I present a solution. If it makes a person feel better to call me a salesman, that's fine.

In the end, we all sell a product. That's what provides us an income. However, there are many of us who never "ask" for the sale. We educate the prospect, answer questions and then they tell us what they want. Sure, there are times where we may assume the close by transitioning into taking an application, but we are not high pressure, close it today people.

I view myself as a problem solver. People come to me with a problem and I present a solution. If it makes a person feel better to call me a salesman, that's fine.
This is how I approach the business.

We still have a sales process. Mine involves analyzing a consumer's need and then finding products that fulfill that need. They normally come to me knowing that they need something, they're just unsure how to go about that. It's my job to fix that issue.

But, it still leads to a "sale" so I guess that's a sales process. It just doesn't look like the connotation that "selling" has.

But I get commissions and sell stuff. I just don't push people to buy it.

Back