Rookie Question on Ezlynx input

Longtimelurker

If you don’t have an appraisal in hand, where is your go to in order to pick up information on dwelling stuff like home value, roof design, distance from fire hydrant, exterior walls, construction style etc.

Other than grinding through zillow, the county tax website etc, is there a more efficient way you guys get this information?

Do you estimate your dwelling coverage based on Zillow value less land value more or less? Again, if you don’t have a purchase contract or appraisal in front of you.

guess I’m looking for that magical website out there that lists all this junk stuff.

Back when I sold personal insurance, I found the appraisal didn't have the info I needed. As far as dwelling coverage, ask a more experienced agent - they should have a pretty good idea of per sq ft cost. You can also use a cost estimator software.

Township websites tend to have property data. Not sure if this software company is in other states, bsa software handles almost every municipality in Michigan. Many municipalities show diagrams, pictures, size & year of construction along with last sale date which likely will be the homeowner insurance renewal date in which to build a mailing campaign around with quotes.

[EXTERNAL LINK] - BS&A Online

Thanks. That’s what I typically use (tax records) but just wanted to see if there was a magical site out there lol. That and some municipalities information just sucks!

If you don’t have an appraisal in hand, where is your go to in order to pick up information on dwelling stuff like home value, roof design, distance from fire hydrant, exterior walls, construction style etc.

Other than grinding through zillow, the county tax website etc, is there a more efficient way you guys get this information?

Do you estimate your dwelling coverage based on Zillow value less land value more or less? Again, if you don’t have a purchase contract or appraisal in front of you.

guess I’m looking for that magical website out there that lists all this junk stuff.

I haven't found a magical website that gives the specs. I've just gotten quick w/ Maryland's SDAT system coupled with Zillow and other websites. When a home has been sold, then it's easy to look at the recent listing to see all of the specs. The other things which pictures cannot answer, I ask the client. But usually, that's very few questions because I don't want the process to be strenuous at all. When I give them the quote I ask them to review the specs on the house, explaining that there's usually a few little things wrong. This prompts them to through the policy and take some responsibility for the quote. This is a good thing because it gives them ownership over the process to, investing their time and effort into the insurance aspect of their new home etc.

I have a magical tool to capture this information and it signficantly increases my closing ratio

Thanks. That’s what I typically use (tax records) but just wanted to see if there was a magical site out there lol. That and some municipalities information just sucks!

Corelogic. Valuation estimator and Riskmeter.

Punch in construction type, square footage and some other basics on the building and it will spit out an estimated reconstruction cost.

I have no idea what it costs, the agency I work for pays for it and one of my carriers allows us access as well. I'd definitely be lost without it.

Back