Scanner

some cannon all in one wireless priner/copier/scanner/fax machine. I don't know model numbers or anything. As long as it works. You could probably get one real reasonable right now because of the back to school specials on printers.

Don't buy, lease, the lease payment covers all maintenance and toner. If the auto feeder screws up you call for help and you're not paying $110++ for the service call. Parts for the faster floor model machines is not cheap so maintenance can be costly. I pay $200 monthly to cover the lease on my newest imagerunner machine along with the maintenance on it and the floor model that I now own, they turned ownership over to me on that one after I had leased it for 5 years, so now I have 2 large multipurpose machines and all my staff routes their print jobs to one or the other. If one is down we use the other - it's the way to go, hands down.

I'm looking to buy another one soon. What brand or kind do you use?

I came from the document management industry. I personally use Fujitsu scanners (not SnapScan because they don't have TWAIN/ISIS drivers). I might also consider Cannon. I will only use ADF scanners that are not "all-in-ones". These will allow you to scan single documents (multiple pages simplex/duplex). If you want to batch scan multiple documents you will need to spend much more time and money for a quality EDMS (Electronic Document Management System) software. Most people don't realize the amount of time and money required to do that well. That is why I keep it simple by scanning and storing one document at a time.

I have two Fujitsu ScanSnaps - one older S510 and a newer S1500.

Both work admirably -- far, far, far better than I could have ever hoped.

The single S510 scanned in 5 full cabinets of files - probably over 50,000 pages - and hasn't needed anything more than a basic cleaning. These have drastically improved productivity and have no problems handling big batches of papers (apps, full policies, etc.).

SOMETIMES I'll get a batch of papers that won't stop double-feeding which makes me want to go into a hulk rage, but that's pretty rare.

For the price the ScanSnap is probably one of the best office appliances on the market.

So much for my humor. We are looking to get our first scanner. Is it wise to buy Adobe PDF software or does this sometimes come with the scanner or does the software that comes with the scanner good enough to do the job? Someday we will move to a document imaging system and get all of our files on the computer.

I have two Fujitsu ScanSnaps - one older S510 and a newer S1500.

Both work admirably -- far, far, far better than I could have ever hoped.

The single S510 scanned in 5 full cabinets of files - probably over 50,000 pages - and hasn't needed anything more than a basic cleaning. These have drastically improved productivity and have no problems handling big batches of papers (apps, full policies, etc.).

SOMETIMES I'll get a batch of papers that won't stop double-feeding which makes me want to go into a hulk rage, but that's pretty rare.

For the price the ScanSnap is probably one of the best office appliances on the market.

So far this is the one I'm going to get...I like the 2 side option,,and the great software...

Don't buy, lease, the lease payment covers all maintenance and toner. If the auto feeder screws up you call for help and you're not paying $110++ for the service call. Parts for the faster floor model machines is not cheap so maintenance can be costly. I pay $200 monthly to cover the lease on my newest imagerunner machine along with the maintenance on it and the floor model that I now own, they turned ownership over to me on that one after I had leased it for 5 years, so now I have 2 large multipurpose machines and all my staff routes their print jobs to one or the other. If one is down we use the other - it's the way to go, hands down.

I do the same... costs me $129 a month to lease a used Sharp including service, toner, etc. If I have an issue they are there to fix it within 30 minutes. Company I lease from is also a client that brings in $8K in revenue per year so it works out well for me.

I had one of those HP all in ones and I was going through a large $54 ink cartridge every week and the scan quality was pretty poor.

Back