Scanner

Geez, Vol and Wino, I guess I had too much Tequila tonight; the comments went right over my head!:swoon:

Please explain.:twitchy:

Sorry, just ribbing you.

I thing Vol was say'n you could use the extra time to get away from PoPo if you were doing something illigal.

I piled on by implying maybe you sneeking back out a bedroom window. Or now that I think about it, peeping thru said window.

The Tequila sounds good. But I am more of a Zin guy. Currently on a Captain Morgan Rum over ice thing.

Geez, Vol and Wino, I guess I had too much Tequila tonight; the comments went right over my head!:swoon:

Please explain.:twitchy:

You mentioned having to get a new police scanners. It seems like only two types listen to police scanners anymore, 80 year old shut-ins and criminals. You don't strike me as an 80 year old shut-in, so...
:skeptical:

Vol, I am an Auxiliary Police Officer in my township (a sworn volunteer peace officer). I listen to the scanner because I must be ready at all times to "protect and serve.":policeman:

BTW, over 30 years of service.

Last edited:
Vol, I am an Auxiliary Police Officer in my township (a sworn volunteer peace officer). I listen to the scanner because I must be ready at all times to "protect and serve.":policeman:

BTW, over 30 years of service.

Likely story!

"Look ma'am, I'm taking this for your own protection. If I don't remove these diamonds and gold coins from your safe for you, some criminal is going to come by and rob you. I'll just hold it for you, ok? And this gun, its just for my protection. Some people act all crazy when I come and take their valuables for 'safe keeping'."

Brought to you by Guido and the letter U, S, and G.

But seriously, thank you for your service. Is that like the police reserves? In Tennessee some counties still elect constables. It is an unpaid position with full police powers, but they get a patrol car and such.

Thank you, Vol. It is an unpaid community volunteer service similar to a volunteer fire fighter. We are sworn and do have the power of arrest, but that is limited to when we are on duty. Regular police are considered on duty 24/7. We do use regular patrol cars at times, but most often our duties are restricted to traffic control and crowd control at community events. Thus, we usually have stationary posts.But we do respond to fire scenes and provide perimeter security at crime scenes. We do not carry firearms----just baton (nightstick), pepper spray, and handcuffs. We have monthly training meetings and special meetings for courses in First Aid, CPR, Self Defense, Baton and Handcuff Use, Traffic Control, etc. Actually, today I took a 6 hour course sponsored by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in Terrorism and WMD's. I am now certified to protect you, Vol, from terrorists foreign and domestic!

BTW traffic control duty is considered highly dangerous. Usually each year more law enforcement officers are killed doing traffic duty than by gunfire or stabbings. We are furnished uniforms, badges, flashlights, traffic vests, pepper spray, and batons. We must furnish our own handcuffs. Our primary mission is to relieve the regular officers for patrol duty so that they do not need to be at parades, community functions, fire scenes, etc.

Back