Scotus: Subsidies upheld

Where do I go to get my gold star for calling this exact outcome a year ago?

Yes you did, Ray! You'll have to see TaterPeeler to take possession of the "Gold Star" award for accuracy of predictions. He's the current owner.

I think some high-profile politician said, "The Supreme Court justices never should have taken on a case like this in the first place!"

Last edited:
The Supreme Court probably got this one right. Let the healthcare law be reformed based on the huge issues, not some tiny wording in the law that would abruptly disrupt the system for a lot of folks. Now it's time for the real work --- reversing root drivers of spiraling costs, and reforming the system correctly.

Ann and Tater and Allen et all-
What are your thoughts on expanding Medicare for everyone? Adjust the premiums based on age and where you live, but keep the current infrastructure. As someone who is in the Medicare game, it works a hell of a lot better than traditional health insurance, even with it's quirks. I am aware that there is a huge unfunded liability with Medicare, but it's bigger with Obamacare. . .

The Supreme Court probably got this one right. Let the healthcare law be reformed based on the huge issues, not some tiny wording in the law that would abruptly disrupt the system for a lot of folks. Now it's time for the real work --- reversing root drivers of spiraling costs, and reforming the system correctly.

I agree Ann. Without a clear and concise replacement plan the Republicans would have been in a precarious position. If the SCOTUS would have ruled in favor of the Plantiffs then the easiest thing ( absent of a new plan) would be to simply amend the law to remove the " exchange established by the state" language.

The republicans have about 18 months now to come up with a new healthcare legislation if they want to win in 2016.

As Scalia stated welcome to SCOTUSCARE folks.

Ann and Tater and Allen et all-
What are your thoughts on expanding Medicare for everyone? Adjust the premiums based on age and where you live, but keep the current infrastructure. As someone who is in the Medicare game, it works a hell of a lot better than traditional health insurance, even with it's quirks. I am aware that there is a huge unfunded liability with Medicare, but it's bigger with Obamacare. . .

Expanding Medicare does have its upsides, but there are a lot of things that would have to be worked out before it should even be brought to the table. Specifically, they will need to figure out a way to cut the expenses of the system. Also, if they plan on keeping Med Supps standardized, they'll start running out of letters. (Not that it will be an issue in MA. We'll just keep the same two)

Long Live the ACA !!! Hillary 2016 baby

The ACA is here to Stay!

Join me in sending a $100 contribution to the Hillary 2016 Campaign.

I'm sorry folks but the Pubs just cannot be trusted to deal with Health Care and we can't leave our or our clients fate to chance.

Hoogster Im writing my first check to Hillary 2016 campaign NOW....Step up to the plate fellow agents, our fellow Obamacare bretheren...Long live the ACA!!!!

Back