Script for Calling Seniors

Okay, but my experience says differently. I do agree with calling them by their first name, at least in the very beginning of the phone call.
Any beginning question or statement that interrupts their pattern will work, I just can't think of any right now.

But asking if it's a bad time, just seems to work with seniors. Just listen to to the Avatar Lead recordings.

Of course, what they say after, just proves the person pushing the buttons either didn't listen, or they only have one response to choose no matter how the senior answered:

"Oh, I'm sorry if I did, It's really important information regarding..."

----------

Yes, it is true....in "my" experience telemarketers are viewed as a nuisance and in most cases despised.....and 99% of Americans agree (research online). They are imposing and in many cases are simply ignoring the "no call list."

I'll say it again: "C L I C K" :skeptical:

----------

So, you don't mind annoying the masses for the 1 or 2 that might listen to your pitch?
That's 1 or 2 appointments an hour. I'd say yes that's worth it.

If you are on a lead program, you can afford to have that mentality. For the rest of us, that type of thinking is ALL IN YOUR MIND!

It's a complete MIND GAME.

No matter what lead type or where the lead comes from, if you lose your confidence, it's over.

----------

It's a complete MIND GAME. No matter what lead type or where the lead comes from, if you lose your confidence, it's over.

It can be VERY EXPENSIVE to come to work in this industry with the WRONG mind set.

Any beginning question or statement that interrupts their pattern will work, I just can't think of any right now.

But asking if it's a bad time, just seems to work with seniors. Just listen to to the Avatar Lead recordings.

Of course, what they say after, just proves the person pushing the buttons either didn't listen, or they only have one response to choose no matter how the senior answered:

"Oh, I'm sorry if I did, It's really important information regarding..."

----------

That's 1 or 2 appointments an hour. I'd say yes that's worth it.

Why is it I'm not surprised with your response.....it tells a lot about the person. Good luck :no:

One of the things one of my previous managers pointed out was try to get some yes responses before you get into your script. Ask questions that will generally get positive responses. Ask "is this Tom/Sally?" Try to avoid "Mr. Smith/Mrs. Jones". First names are used by friends, formal titles or identifiers are used by strangers, even though it is being polite and courteous. Ask them how they have been doing, and if they have a few minutes to talk with you. Remember, the first 2 or three minutes on the phone with them you are overcoming resistance. This group is perhaps the hardest group to sell to as they get 2 or more calls every day from folks trying to sell them something. Figure you will do better working your contacts and circle of contacts than you will strangers. A "no" today, might be a "yes" tomorrow. Timing also important. If you call a couple of months before retirement and follow up you can generally count on business. Also look into being prepared with multiple prices, don't quote the cheapest, and don't describe the best policy you offer (highest coverages or limits). Work middle of the pack and say, "this represents the middle coverage policy we offer for,,," (coverage group), "it runs about,,," "and provides coverage for,,,". If you are trying to work people already on a plan, look for them to be a hard sale anytime other than before renewal. Even though they can change policies at anytime, within class, most of them will not do so unless they have problems with a company not meeting their needs or expectations.

No, I understood perfectly......and mine went over your head! :laugh:

Tom is a legitimate contributor here on the forums.

I have also talked to him on the phone a few times and have found him to be one of the few legit agents who work their @$$ off week in and week out.

No need to Troll him over your disbelief in "telemarketing" (which is still a very viable method of prospecting I might add).

Tom is a legitimate contributor here on the forums.

I have also talked to him on the phone a few times and have found him to be one of the few legit agents who work their @$$ off week in and week out.

No need to Troll him over your disbelief in "telemarketing" (which is still a very viable method of prospecting I might add).

Sorry, I was not trolling him at all. He's the one who stated that "my post" regarding "my experience" to be "not true." (see above).... that warranted a response.

Back