Security National Life - Thoughts?

You said you really like them. What do you like about them based on your business dealing with them?

Tommy explained it to me a couple years ago and I am assuming this is the same issue. Evidently they have a mortgage company as well. Since insurance companies have a bundle of cash, they loaned funds to their mortgage operation so they can close loans in their own name and pick up a few bps. Within 90 days they sell the loan and make a pretty penny by leveraging their two businesses. The bean counters here in FL didn't like their setup and wanted to put the brakes on it. This was a couple years ago and it may not have anything to do with the current situation but given the speed at which the state moves it wouldn't surprise me if it is the same issue just coming to a head.

You said you really like them. What do you like about them based on your business dealing with them?

I like the way they do business ( from what some present Reps as well as a few Corporate managers spoke to me about )

No POS or PHI. Eapp. Fair UW. High Commissions. No big haircut on Graded. Takes plastic, DE and Direct Bill if needed ( as earned - but okay )

Their rates, based on my fancy quoter, are competitive . . .

Only down side I see is no phone sales / web sales . . . Have to be F2F for sig.

I like the way they do business ( from what some present Reps as well as a few Corporate managers spoke to me about )

No POS or PHI. Eapp. Fair UW. High Commissions. No big haircut on Graded. Takes plastic, DE and Direct Bill if needed ( as earned - but okay )

Only down side I see is no phone sales / web sales . . . Have to be F2F for sig.

So, you really like them based on 2nd hand information? Some of which you just posted is wrong.

In reality, you have no idea as to how they are to work with. Good or bad as you have never done business with them.

Tommy explained it to me a couple years ago and I am assuming this is the same issue. Evidently they have a mortgage company as well. Since insurance companies have a bundle of cash, they loaned funds to their mortgage operation so they can close loans in their own name and pick up a few bps. Within 90 days they sell the loan and make a pretty penny by leveraging their two businesses. The bean counters here in FL didn't like their setup and wanted to put the brakes on it. This was a couple years ago and it may not have anything to do with the current situation but given the speed at which the state moves it wouldn't surprise me if it is the same issue just coming to a head.

That is the same issue they are having again.

Please point out which of my points below are wrong? I got everyone of them below from a Corporate Manager -or- their #1 Producer . . .

So, you really like them based on 2nd hand information? Some of which you just posted is wrong.

In reality, you have no idea as to how they are to work with. Good or bad as you have never done business with them.

Originally Posted by myinsurebiz

He's spoke with corporate managers. Probably the ones in charge of those that make the marketing brochures.

Thats a very serious issue. What happens if a 2008 happens again and Snl mortgage can't sell those loans?It means Snl life has greatly depleted reserves to pay claims. Every insurance company would have loved to have been 100% in the stk mkt the last 8 yrs . They must have a lot of their money in safe bonds to have to money to pay claims and benefits.

Back