Selling 100 plans in AEP

jack3454

Super Genius
Knowing what you know now...what would you tell a newer agent to do in order to get 100 signups for AEP? What would be your best advice to achieve that?

Knowing what you know now...what would you tell a newer agent to do in order to get 100 signups for AEP? What would be your best advice to achieve that?

You should already have some of your leads in your hands and planning routes . You should have starting slowly running your lead orders 2 weeks ago . I start my calling to all my clients this week saying hello and getting soa’s done if the want to move starting Oct1 . The idea is to have so many leads you got zero time to mess with any lukewarm people . But you also should have a stack of leads from the last 3-4 months were you said “ I’ll contact you during aep” . Every agent should have started planning 2-3 months ago. There’s so many elements involved to crush aep .If your working leads no matter what anyone tells you you’re going to lose at least 5% of who you write new and up to 10% . Many times 1 of a few things happens . Somebody rewrites them during that 7 weeks during aep , another agent saves ( I saved 12 existing last aep) , or the people get cold feet and either call company to cancel or they call you to cancel . To net a 100 new you need to write 110

Last edited:

Focus on making contact with at least 100 people per week. You may need more activity than this if you are having trouble generating interest in working with you.

Have a goal of opening at least 30 new prospect files per week. A prospect file is someone you have talked with, you have all their contact information, and they have expressed an interest in working with you.

You may need to put in more effort depending on your market and skill set. 100 new clients is about 15 sales per week. That can be tough if your focus is T65. If you are writing MAPD replacing existing coverage MAY seem easy but if you are replacing another agent it may be just as easy for your new "sales" to be replaced as well.

If your plan is to work 40 hours per week, double it.

Whatever you think your expenses will be, double it.

If you don't hit your goal, press forward. My first open enrollment was tough in spite of prior experience and I only wrote around 40 apps . . . but I pressed forward. My goal was to double the prior month's production every 30 days. If I wrote 10 apps in December my goal was 20 in January, then 40 in February and so forth.

I didn't always hit my goal but every month resulted in more new clients than the month prior.

Good luck!

Since MA has been around for so many years I can't imagine an agent writing 100 people new to the product. I would think the majority of your new clients already have a MA and move to you. I write very few MA and have never lost any MS clients to another agent. I hope this year will be no different.

Since MA has been around for so many years I can't imagine an agent writing 100 people new to the product. I would think the majority of your new clients already have a MA and move to you. I write very few MA and have never lost any MS clients to another agent. I hope this year will be no different.

Nobody’s writing 100 new to medicare . Only 5% (3 million new people a yr ) of total people on Medicare age in yearly . 95% of what most agents write is stealing from another agent or call center . The agents job is to make sure they stay your client . That requires 5 touches a yr .Cards ,letters ,calls .

Writing MA seems like a lot of service work and I am too comfortable the way I have always done things. I would rather write a few MS monthly and go fishing or hunting when I please.

Very little service work if you put them on the best MA in the area. I’ve had many MA clients on the same plan for 7 years or longer.

Back