Selling for Aflac...worth It?

They will keep any accounts you do sell and you will have to buy an overpriced computer that they will make money on.

AFLAC now offers a "Brick" - a stand alone hard drive that plugs into your own computer. It can be bought for $500 and there will be no refund. That is better than a $3,000 computer that they discontinue after a few years so you have to get a new computer. You get $2 an app towards the equipment and $4 if you get the policyholder to accept their policies by e-mail.

Keep a record of all your contacts, business and personal, while pounding the pavement for AFLAC. Work on getting your P&C license ASAP and then go back with a full arsenal of insurance products and make some sales after you leave AFLAC.

At least, that's what I did.

Surfy

Voluntary is hard any way you slice it. AFLAC has probably already knocked on every door in the country as least three times. Colonial life has very good products, rates are a little better and has a very good reputation. Good luck!

AFLAC now offers a "Brick" - a stand alone hard drive that plugs into your own computer. It can be bought for $500 and there will be no refund. That is better than a $3,000 computer that they discontinue after a few years so you have to get a new computer. You get $2 an app towards the equipment and $4 if you get the policyholder to accept their policies by e-mail.

It is better than a $3,000 computer but they are still making a bundle on something they probably have less than $100 in. I call that a profit center. You can buy a pretty good lap top for $500. AFLAC has a system in my opinion that victimizes most recruits.

Last edited:
It is better than a $3,000 computer but they are still making a bundle on something they probably have less than $100 in. I call that a profit system. You can buy a pretty good lap top for $500. AFLAC has a system in my opinion that victimizes most recruits.

Charging $500 for an external hard drive should be a crime! I don't care how much software is on it. And when you consider how many times they've sold the software, there really isn't much cost. Particularly if you look at how much premium the software has helped Aflac generate.

Charging $500 for an external hard drive should be a crime! I don't care how much software is on it. And when you consider how many times they've sold the software, there really isn't much cost. Particularly if you look at how much premium the software has helped Aflac generate.

They need to make up their lost revenue somehow!

I am new to the forum it would not let me send a PM to you but I wanted to ask for your advice. I have been an agent for 3 years, not really very active. I am now very serious about selling insurance and saw your post in response to selling AFLAC. I have sold it and I do really like the products. I do not want to sell for them again. In my various interviews I have been noticing that the accident critical illness etc have now become the products of many established companies. I see that you refer to your wife as now working with you..Who do you represent and being in OR can I represent them here?
Thanks for any advice!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Who do you represent? I would like to know if I might represent them in OR.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Back