SELLING INSURANCE ONLINE

Chumps,
If you're doing 350 cases, not sure if you should change that much. I do between 225 and 275 cases per year with all carriers combined (more if you count STM). As with Alston, I rarely leave my residence and don't meet with hardly anyone. 2 people per month at the most.

I have so much customer service with existing clients that I can't afford to do it any other way. I need to be in my office and not driving around.

I would think to do the transfer all you need is 3 way calling and hit the flash button while the customer is on the line and then dial the toll free number to Humana.

Chumps,
If you're doing 350 cases, not sure if you should change that much. I do between 225 and 275 cases per year with all carriers combined (more if you count STM). As with Alston, I rarely leave my residence and don't meet with hardly anyone. 2 people per month at the most.

I have so much customer service with existing clients that I can't afford to do it any other way. I need to be in my office and not driving around.

After 14 years of this I can see why:)

What is your follow up approach and how is it different than Alston?

I review the faxed applications and call them back with suggested corrections. They almost always leave something out like a date or a doctor's name. Some disclose information that they hadn't shared with me before and sometimes I advise that we do a pre-screen or apply with a different company

I do the same. Would never allow an applicant to fill it out directly online. Always do a pre-screen once the app is faxed.

Not sure if Alston does this but what I do is mark down the names of prospects I've sent info to and have my assistant call them back to see who's intersted in speaking further.

Those that are interested stay in touch one way or another.

New...I guess I probably won't change. I rarely meet anyone in person (maybe one every three months). And one of these days, I'll construct a website with one of the domains I have. I guess what helps me is that I get a lot of referrals and have 3-5 people associates that I farm and subsequently split business with.

I think I'll start with rynerobinson.com or cleanestbeaches.com.

Not sure if Alston does this but what I do is mark down the names of prospects I've sent info to and have my assistant call them back to see who's intersted in speaking further.

I call as soon as I get the lead. I try to catch the prospect before s/he has left my website. We also try to get quotes in the mail before our mail carrier arrives. I do a lot of automated emailing and some direct mail to people who have requested quotes. We stay in contact for six months.

I haven't been doing a lot of phone calling lately because I've been busy with my other business. However, I do have a better closing ratio when I have the time to do more phone follow up, so I definitely think it is a good idea.

So does this mean you are not using any snail mail quotes, brochures, postcards, etc? Strictly telephone follow up? Any email auto responder follow up?

Back