SELLING INSURANCE ONLINE

Chumps, you look like a, well a real person, I thought it was just a mythical character that's all, you young whippersnapper you.

I am real, but not young. I can no longer run the 40 in 4.45 (oh, thats right... I never could). I can no longer bench press 450 punds (oh, that's right...I never could). And I no longer sell UA policies (oh, that's right. I never did).

You know, you are right. Paul Newman does look a lot like me. They used to say I was a shorter version of Gregbut that was back when I sported a mustache.

I was trained to get face to face with people. I then realized that was most likely because my "Independent Agency" did indeed have their own agenda and their preferred product was not available online. After taking time the time to learn all my carrier's plans inside and out I began looking into selling online. I have been in the biz for about 10 months and this is now all I do. I have a lead company which I buy exclusive leads from consumers who have requested someone contact them.

What got me to start selling online (i will meet with people if they would like) was the fact that people buy cars, houses, etc. online so they are definitely willing to buy health insurance. I do make sure I quote all of my carriers (6 total) and send the client all literature via online brochures so they know EXACTLY what they are getting. The one thing to do is just talk to the client. All "pitches" go out the window when your selling over the phone and online. Just make them feel comfortable and if you can't help them move on instead of trying to force something. Find a problem and fix it. The rest is simple.

Guys, if you're misspelling words in sentences like "your going to the park" in stead of "you're going to the park" and you're writing like that to clients you can come off as very uneducated.

I always love a grammar/spelling nazi who misspells their corrections of others! :D

Any of you sell insurance policies online?? I actually had a brief career in web design and was thinking of implementing this.

What companies allow you to sell policies online??

Anyone with experience or feedback on this would be appreciated!
Anthem BC & BS, is pretty easy. need to know which states you are selling in. UHC/Golden Rule is another.

Last edited:
Hey, Francis,cool your jets. Chumps is my worthy assistant and is 100% correct in admonishing you about your spelling! Hell, we all make typos and sometimes even grammatical mistakes, but on a public publication like a website, brochure, or flyer one should make the effort to make it look professional by correcting any errors before publication I once attended a seminar on annuities given by a major player in that market. When they handed out their marketing brochure I noticed they didn t know the difference between principal and principle. Kind a makes you wonder.:skeptical:

Al3, I second your motion

Hell, we all make typos and someties even grammatical mistakes, but on a public publication(,) like a website, brochure or flyer(,) one should make the effort to make it look professional by correcting any errors before publication(.) I, once attended a seminar on annuitens given by a major player in that market.

"What's good for the goose is good for the gander."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was trained to get face to face with people. I then realized that was most likely because my "Independent Agency" did indeed have their own agenda and their preferred product was not available online. After taking time the time to learn all my carrier's plans inside and out I began looking into selling online. I have been in the biz for about 10 months and this is now all I do. I have a lead company which I buy exclusive leads from consumers who have requested someone contact them.

What got me to start selling online (i will meet with people if they would like) was the fact that people buy cars, houses, etc. online so they are definitely willing to buy health insurance. I do make sure I quote all of my carriers (6 total) and send the client all literature via online brochures so they know EXACTLY what they are getting. The one thing to do is just talk to the client. All "pitches" go out the window when your selling over the phone and online. Just make them feel comfortable and if you can't help them move on instead of trying to force something. Find a problem and fix it. The rest is simple.

No such thing as exclusive. Prospects looking online for health insurance rarely look in one place.

Last edited:
Back