Send Out Cards... Does It Work?

When i signed up there was something a $200 fee. I don't think they have that now. With postage it costs me about $1.25 to send each card. Somewhere in that range.

Great price in my view, being that you get a card, and postage! Are they still using stamps? Last I read it appeared the cards were being metered... thoughts on that?

Thanks!

Great price in my view, being that you get a card, and postage! Are they still using stamps? Last I read it appeared the cards were being metered... thoughts on that?

Thanks!

No idea. They always claimed to use stamps. Check with Daytona Guy here at the forums. He can hook you up with SoC.

They don't use stamps. The print envelopes with metered postage that looks like a stamp.

I've been tempted to sign up with them a few times, but I think a hand written/addressed envelope gives a more personal feel. That being said, you have to discipline yourself to actually do it. If you can't, and SOC helps you get cards out to people, then go for it. Something is a million times better than nothing. Hand written is just a slight improvement in my opinion.

Cost wise it's fairly reasonable for the quality of cards they use.

The time thing could be bad for anything other than cards that could be planned well in advance like birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. It would present a problem for thank you cards, get well soon cards, or anything like that. On the other hand those types of cards should definitely be hand written anyway.

In my opinion, if you only need to send out a few hundred cards per month or less, you'd be better off doing them by hand, as long as you do it. It only amounts to a few cards per day. If you can't make yourself do it by hand, or if you need to send out a lot more cards than that, I can see it being a really great tool.

No idea. They always claimed to use stamps. Check with Daytona Guy here at the forums. He can hook you up with SoC.

I will PM him. Thanks!

They don't use stamps. The print envelopes with metered postage that looks like a stamp.

I've been tempted to sign up with them a few times, but I think a hand written/addressed envelope gives a more personal feel. That being said, you have to discipline yourself to actually do it. If you can't, and SOC helps you get cards out to people, then go for it. Something is a million times better than nothing. Hand written is just a slight improvement in my opinion.

Cost wise it's fairly reasonable for the quality of cards they use.

The time thing could be bad for anything other than cards that could be planned well in advance like birthdays, anniversaries and holidays. It would present a problem for thank you cards, get well soon cards, or anything like that. On the other hand those types of cards should definitely be hand written anyway.

In my opinion, if you only need to send out a few hundred cards per month or less, you'd be better off doing them by hand, as long as you do it. It only amounts to a few cards per day. If you can't make yourself do it by hand, or if you need to send out a lot more cards than that, I can see it being a really great tool.

I agree that a hand written card is much more personable, but I also feel that using SOC is better than not doing anything. There are times I get buy at the office and won't send anything :err:

I have a question about this. Lets say I purchase it...how do they know when a clients birthday is coming up? Do I have to keep up with it and get on there and do every card, or is there a way to type all of your clients info in and they do it automatically?

I have a question about this. Lets say I purchase it...how do they know when a clients birthday is coming up? Do I have to keep up with it and get on there and do every card, or is there a way to type all of your clients info in and they do it automatically?

The way I understand it is you enter your clients names into the SOC system that you get when you purchase. You enter their names, address, birthday, etc and set it. Once you have what you want SOC automatically will send the cards you want, when you want.

The way I understand it is you enter your clients names into the SOC system that you get when you purchase. You enter their names, address, birthday, etc and set it. Once you have what you want SOC automatically will send the cards you want, when you want.

Yep, the video on this page explains how it works, specifically with insurance agent's, too (the second video.)

As a disclaimer, I am a huge, raving fan of SOC and a promoter who has helped over 200 agents now to implement SOC into their practice. Yes, it has brought me many referrals, because all I do is enter the client's name, address, and date of birth into their CRM.

I pull down which campaign to add them to and it goes off on automatic pilot. It never forgets the birthday and never misses a card in the sequence.

I automatically send four cards, and a birthday card, to each new Med Supp client. In the first 2 months, I've touched them five times. The automatic campaign I use sends 3 cards automatically (thank you for your business, policy is being processed, just checking in on you). These go out at specific times, but all automated.

Then, when they're approved, I send an "Approved - New Era" campaign for those approved at New Era, for example. That card has the company's contact information for customer service and congratulates them on the approval. Yes, I will have already made the phone call notification of the approval, but my card will still hit them (with the policy number in it) before their real ID card shows up. They appreciate this.

Then, if we have not been able to connect to cancel their old coverage via a three-way call, I'll send them my "Cancel Old Coverage" campaign which is a postcard with a photo of a piece of string around a finger with "REMINDER" on the front. It reminds them to cancel their old coverage and to call me with questions.

My last card in the automated series asks them who they know that I can help with the same level of great customer service. This is the "jab, jab, jab, right hook" method that really works. By now, I've proven my value to them and they want to share this information.

I share my campaigns with everyone who signs up with SOC or whoever is a member of my membership site, too. It has really helped a lot of other agents.

With the "preferred customer" membership at SOC, it costs .62 plus postage to send a card. The cards do go out first class and they were the first (not sure if the only now) approved facility to be allowed to pre-print a first-class stamp on their envelopes.

The envelopes go out in written in blue ink with a handwritten font.
I have my signature placed in blue on each card that goes out, again, automatically. This adds a personal touch.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions.. my info's here:
ReferralsEasily.com

I actually signed up for Send Out Cards last week. Do not know the benefits yet as I have only sent out 2 cards but I am setting it up where once any new client is approved for coverage they get a thank you card and then a card on their birthday and on Christmas. I went with the lowest option per month which only costs $1.49 to send a card, postage included! Heck, you cant even go to Wal-Mart or Hallmark and buy a card and postage to send for that price (not to mention gas $$ and time)!!!

The way I see it, they will get 2 cards from me every year, plus the initial thank you. Lot's of people keep cards for a long time so hopefully next time Mr Prospect is talking with a neighbor and insurance comes up, hopefully he will say "you know what, my agent sent me a birthday card last month. I don't remember his number but hold on, I still got that card with his info"! I am sure long term it will help me get many referrals.

Just to bring this one back to life.

What is it with SOC and breaking their website? This is the second time this year. I can no longer create a card and the wait time is an hour to reach someone at customer service.

Back