Senior Life Insurance Company

If I was you I'd call SL. I believe they can answer your question far better than anyone on this forum. Why would you seek the answer to a question like that on the forum rather than just picking up the phone and calling them?

Believe me I DO intend to call them. I just received the letter late last night so I figured they were closed. I just thought while I was waiting I'd check the forum (since there's a lot of info on them) to see if anyone had the same experience.

Seems like a lot of people on this forum had rather argue and fight and complain rather than exchange productive ideas.

You don't think it's productive for agent to be given information about companies, IMO/FMO's, GA's, etc. that are out there trying to recruit them?

I sure wish I had known about this forum before I hooked up with Parker and Asses. Or even LH. This forum is a great service to agents.

it's pretty evident which recruiters wish this forum didn't exist.

You don't think it's productive for agent to be given information about companies, IMO/FMO's, GA's, etc. that are out there trying to recruit them?

I sure wish I had known about this forum before I hooked up with Parker and Asses. Or even LH. This forum is a great service to agents.

it's pretty evident which recruiters wish this forum didn't exist.

Of course the forum is educational. I'm referring to comments like "let the pissing match begin", etc. when there are differing opinions. Don't you agree?

Probably best to focus on the 98% of agents who are positive rather than the 2% who are not.

Quoting Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Nothing is worse than active ignorance".

This has nothing to do with being positive or negative, it has to do with information being intelligently provided that are matter of fact. I don't blame anyone working for Senior Life to defend the company, its required that you do so based on your contract. By saying anything negative about Senior Life that would steer prospective clients or agents away, you would be terminated under section 4.2 and forfeit all future commission rights as per section 7.10 of the independent agent contract.

I am not here to engage in "pissing contests" with anyone or "elementary school ground arguments" as Greg so eloquently stated all because he didn't like the fact I pointed out he had been with the company a lot longer than 2 months than what he posted in one thread. I'm here to share my experiences and state that if you go down to Atlanta for a big manager's meeting and see a group of men and women that look stressed beyond their years, there are problems.

Between March 2008-February 2011 that I was with them, the "Scoop" (Senior Life magazine) would have a list of all the producing agents and their issued numbers. In a company of 500+ agents, you typically wouldn't see more than 10 on average that actually wrote over 10k issued business and the @$$ chewings that would follow.

Lets use real numbers for 1 months worth of work:

You produce an average of 10,000 AP and have a 25% NTO rate due to pre-draft cancellations, NSFs, or declined in underwriting. You've issued 7,500 AP. You were buying 25 leads per week at $29 which amounts to $2900 monthly lead charge. After 80% commission is figured in, you've made about $6000 and then you are fronted about 65% (on average) of that figure and are paid $1000 after lead charge deductions.

I am being very conservative with the example I provided above but I assure those are the real numbers based on the copies I have of the Scoop, Champions Vision & Eagle's Nest. I remember from several meetings that agents were reporting numbers, but the issued business at the end of the month never matched what was actually being reported; which showed a 25%-40% drop off of business.

So again, this isn't about negativity or positivity. This is about publicizing fact about this company. I can be positive and say I made some nice friends while I was there if that makes anyone feel better.

Can you post a link or article backing up where you got those statistics? :)

Glad you asked... here is the LINK :twitchy:

OK, you caught me, I may have made the gawd-dang number up. I forget. :1arghh:

Seriously though, I heard that on the Dave Ramsey show. That is a credible source, isn't it...? :1wink:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quoting Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, "Nothing is worse than active ignorance".

This has nothing to do with being positive or negative, it has to do with information being intelligently provided that are matter of fact.

Glad that you were true to your screen name as your Spirit Wandered away from the message that I posted and focused on my signature line, WHICH APPEARS ON EVERY POST THAT I HIT THE SUBMIT REPLY FOR... The point of it being, is when you miss the point as you did, you are displaying active ignorance, and little is worse.

You may wish to go back and re-read my post and try to focus on what I posted, not what appears below the post, OR NOT.

But, Thank you for playing anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back