Seo, Blog, Content Question

It really depends on the content and your intent. I like to think of my blog as my newspaper and my website as a reference book that I constantly update.

A new post will be easier to create and will, as a general rule, get ranked faster. However, it will probably be moved down in the rankings faster. You want to blog often and have your newspaper highly regarded, but last week's edition isn't as valuable as today's paper.

If the rates for one of your carriers is about to go up, you might want to write a blog post about it and get that information to rank faster.

If you started selling a new line of insurance, you'd probably want to create a regular page or pages for that content. You may also want to write a few blog posts that link to your new page and link to it from other pages on your site.

Any new page whether it is a blog post or a regular page has extra "Google Juice" for a short while. If you get no back links and no internal links, the page will tend to fade in the rankings.

If the content will always be relevant even if it needs to be updated constantly, it should be part of the main structure of your site.

So what is more advantageous when adding content; a new page or new post, or does it even matter?

The post if you are pinging your RSS feed out to the feed aggregators, as you'll be developing backlinks - theoretically.

I think you have more opportunity to get keyword relevance with a post as well.

If you've setup your blog permalink structure for silo'ing - you'll get far better SEo out of it too.

You could reformat the same article and put in different categories

Long Tail Keyword is" Term Life Insurance"

Post #1 in Life Insurance Category
/blog/lifeinsurance/Best-Rates-on-Term-Life-Insurance

Post #2 in Whole Life Insurance Category
/blog/lifeinsurance/Best-Rates-on-Whole-Life-Insurance

Post #3 in Life Insurance Category
/blog/lifeinsurance/How-To-Qualify-For-Preferred-Life-Insurance

Thats three posts with similar or identical content posted to the blog with Life Insurance / Whole Life Insurance / Term Life Insurance keywords in the URL.
:cool:
Make the content good ... write it once and maximize it
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hate to say...but I have no idea what any of that stuff is. Maybe you could explain further.

Chumps ... drop me a line in PM - I should be abel to reply to em soon :-)

I can point ya into the right directions on learning wordpress.

I really aint no big WP hot shot - I just did it all myself here not to long ago so its all rather fresh in my cranium at the moment.

There's folks who AUTO Blog that make $$$ by reposting and spinning other bloggers RSS feed into their own and blasting blog posts with offers of items for sale in the emails - and its all on autopilot.

Wordpress has some pretty interesting and powerful software addons called PLUGINS and Widgets.

www wordpress DOT org | select the Extend Link at the top.

Add On O Plenty.

One of the best blogs Ive seen is a guru site by Michel Fortin- legendary internet marketing copywriter.

michelfortin DOT com.

If ya want to learn a thing or two about internet marketing and wordpress etc ... theres a wealth of knowledge - or you could just OUTSOURCE it all to a pro off the warriorforum DOT com

be prepared - one could waste away a month in warriorforum -it can be a cranial crusher - or an enlightening experience.

All the best,

Steve

Last edited:
"Chumps ... drop me a line in PM - I should be abel to reply to em soon :-)

I can point ya into the right directions on learning wordpress."

I think I understand Wordpress. But I just couldn't understand what you were saying.

Wordpress is not to difficult to learn. There is a ton of good information on how to use it and people are always happy to help if you get stuck.

Here's a Wordpress question (Number 1 in a series of 122).

There is a newer version available than what I have. If I download it, will it wreck my existing blog, or update it without me having to worry about anything going wrong?

Back