Series 7

Isn't all of this ridiculous? Securities people can do no wrong...watch out for annuity producers. All we want is high commissions and our clients to lose money.
Let's refer all securities clients back to their broker so their broker can do what we would...insane!

Isn't all of this ridiculous? Securities people can do no wrong...watch out for annuity producers. All we want is high commissions and our clients to lose money.
Let's refer all securities clients back to their broker so their broker can do what we would...insane!

It is all about money and control and has nothing to do with the welfare of the client.

I just can't wrap my head around what's wrong with us as insurance advisors educating people about alternative places for their retirement. How is there more harm in an fixed/indexed annuity vs mutual funds? Is there harm if client gains 7% in annuity with cap when they could've earned 10% in market with also 100% risk?

I just can't wrap my head around what's wrong with us as insurance advisors educating people about alternative places for their retirement. How is there more harm in an fixed/indexed annuity vs mutual funds? Is there harm if client gains 7% in annuity with cap when they could've earned 10% in market with also 100% risk?

It's the same reason you can't give legal or tax advice without the proper certifications. You may not be harming the client, but without the proper certification you are practicing in a field for which you aren't licensed.

It's the same reason you can't give legal or tax advice without the proper certifications. You may not be harming the client, but without the proper certification you are practicing in a field for which you aren't licensed.

Doesn't matter if you give the best advice in the world. You don't have the peice of paper that allows you to do that.

Last edited:
I understand the issue of certification. I just don't see the big deal if client is interested in our products. We shouldn't have to tip toe around and apologize any more than those that are securities licensed. Our products are completely different in nature....safety of principle vs market risk.
Problem is that clients aren't given these options up front from their trusted financial planner and clients just expect that risk is essential to making money and they are also brainwashed into thinking insurance is a waste of money.

I understand the issue of certification. I just don't see the big deal if client is interested in our products. We shouldn't have to tip toe around and apologize any more than those that are securities licensed. Our products are completely different in nature....safety of principle vs market risk.
Problem is that clients aren't given these options up front from their trusted financial planner and clients just expect that risk is essential to making money and they are also brainwashed into thinking insurance is a waste of money.

I agree. You don't need any discussion of securities to sell annuities. No more than you need discussion of variable life insurance to sell whole-life. It's two totally different things. Many people want ZERO chance of market risk. All they want to know is what the minimum guarantees of the product are. That sells itself.

Latest posts

Back