Setting Appointments Off Of Cold Calls Help

You're still missing it.

You get that want high enough, the only person objecting is the salesperson.

You probably can't afford it...
You might not qualify...
The sale ends today...
My schedule is booked up next week...

If need trumped want, we wouldn't have any fat people, smokers, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc. But we sure do have plenty of them.

Just curious, you said these are qualified leads. Are you calling them that because you bought or created these leads and established some need before calling them or you qualified them during your call? The reason i ask, is true cold calling is highly inefficient. Meaning, if you pick names out of a phone book or work from some list from people that have never ever expressed interest in your product, the chance of converting them is really low. You may be able to persuade them during your intro call, but after they get you off the phone they will reconsider, since they never really were interested in the product in the first place. I suggest you make sure your leads are truly qualified leads. i.e. folks who have responded to an ad, postcards, or something similar. If that is in fact, what you are already doing, i suggest you A) establish and verify the need B) uncover any objections C) Address objections and D) attempt to close.

Just curious, you said these are qualified leads. Are you calling them that because you bought or created these leads and established some need before calling them or you qualified them during your call? The reason i ask, is true cold calling is highly inefficient. Meaning, if you pick names out of a phone book or work from some list from people that have never ever expressed interest in your product, the chance of converting them is really low. You may be able to persuade them during your intro call, but after they get you off the phone they will reconsider, since they never really were interested in the product in the first place. I suggest you make sure your leads are truly qualified leads. i.e. folks who have responded to an ad, postcards, or something similar. If that is in fact, what you are already doing, i suggest you A) establish and verify the need B) uncover any objections C) Address objections and D) attempt to close.

That's definitely an interesting point. What makes cold calling work best is when you're calling to find people that are interested. One gentleman came on here a while ago complaining that scripts were garbage because none of them generated interest, but I think that perspective was a part of the problem. Let's pick Medicare supplements for example, some folks really are interested in saving on their supplements and if you call enough folks you'll find those people. They make great leads because it's exclusive and they do have the interest. The problem is when you're trying to force people into being interested in something they aren't, that's when you find the situation I bolded above.

Back