Settlers "Clean-App-A-"Week"

Is a client who was a charge back on bank draft a decent prospect for direct bill,or should an agent just leave them alone,move on ?

Is a client who was a charge back on bank draft a decent prospect for direct bill,or should an agent just leave them alone,move on ?

I suppose it really would depend on the situation and why they let the policy lapse or NSF. If it was an honest mistake or an oversight, then they could just reinstate the policy. They would still be a candidate for EFT though.

If they just let it lapse because they couldn't seem to keep the money in their account or something similar to that, then leave them alone.

In the past few months,prior to getting on with Settlers,I had several prospects with no checking accounts that wanted a policy. Today,I cruised on out and stopped in on 4 of them. 3 of them have taken out AARP term policy's. I told them they won't have anything once they turned 80,told them they would be getting a premium increase in 5 years. None of them would listen. They think they have the right policy,NY Life. Seems like when you go back,you lose your strength with them. Also,none of them had any money until next month when the get their government checks. Any ideas on how to make them feel they have to have SIWL ? Hard headed !

In the past few months,prior to getting on with Settlers,I had several prospects with no checking accounts that wanted a policy. Today,I cruised on out and stopped in on 4 of them. 3 of them have taken out AARP term policy's. I told them they won't have anything once they turned 80,told them they would be getting a premium increase in 5 years. None of them would listen. They think they have the right policy,NY Life. Seems like when you go back,you lose your strength with them. Also,none of them had any money until next month when the get their government checks. Any ideas on how to make them feel they have to have SIWL ? Hard headed !

Why would you want to?

You can't fix stupid. And they are not getting government checks anymore. They all have accounts. Why won't they use them to pay for their life insurance?

As for replacing AARP/NYL's term, it's an easy replacement for me. I replaced one today for a 70 year old that was paying $35/mo for $7000 face. $7000 whole life was $50/mo. The AARP policy had it listed that he was going to be paying $60/mo when he turned age 75.

That and the fact that it would end at age 80 and he was good to go with paying $15 more per month for the next 5 years.

he could see the big picture. if he couldn't or wouldn't have looked at the big picture then he wouldn't have done it.

You have more going on with these folks than just the issue of whole life vs term. They won't use their accounts for the payments and they won't listen to reason.

Or maybe they will? What did they want from the start? Did they want temporary insurance? If so then they got what they wanted.

There are some people that are good prospects for direct bill but those folks don't seem to fit that mold unless you are going to go by and collect the premium every month. You would be much better off using a company that takes direct express so the money comes out of their check before they have a chance to spend it.

As far as how to "make them feel they have to have SIWL", you can't make them do anything.. You also can't fix stupid if that be the case.. If you want to spend any more time with them, go by in about 6 months.. If they are paying NYL on direct bill, I would lay odds it will have lapsed by then. If it has, they won't be good direct bill prospects for you either. If it hasn't, you might have another shot at replacing.

You can't fix stupid. And they are not getting government checks anymore. They all have accounts. Why won't they use them to pay for their life insurance?

As for replacing AARP/NYL's term, it's an easy replacement for me. I replaced one today for a 70 year old that was paying $35/mo for $7000 face. $7000 whole life was $50/mo. The AARP policy had it listed that he was going to be paying $60/mo when he turned age 75.

That and the fact that it would end at age 80 and he was good to go with paying $15 more per month for the next 5 years.

he could see the big picture. if he couldn't or wouldn't have looked at the big picture then he wouldn't have done it.

You have more going on with these folks than just the issue of whole life vs term. They won't use their accounts for the payments and they won't listen to reason.

Or maybe they will? What did they want from the start? Did they want temporary insurance? If so then they got what they wanted.

None of these people have accounts,they have direct express,money cards.
Stupid won't sit down,won't let you review what they have. Maybe they just don't trust me,other agents,and they prefer to trust the AARP name?
95 % of the people I talk to don't know the difference between term and WL.
I can deal with poverty,it's the ignorance I can't overcome.
1 of these prospects had a visit from a Senior Life agent who could'nt fix stupid either.

Back