proadvisors

Guru
100+ Post Club
Here is one idea...

I just got a list of cd owners from a friend who works
@ a bank. I am going to send a direct mail piece comparing
cd rates to fixed annuity rates..

Someone else share

Someone is going to jail. The question is, who will it be?

Did your friend give you a real list, or is it a sting?

Here is one idea...

Someone else share

Best advice you'll ever get - delete the list you got and don't be friends with this "friend" anymore. He has violated the privacy policy of that bank and likely broken the law. Just a guess.

Here is one idea...

Someone else share

anyone that contacts u for marketing advice is an ***, do u even have a valid insurance license?

Wow, dude
I'm going to assume you didn't know better, somebody here suggested that you just destroy that list and they are correct.
And run away from this "friend" cause when he/she gets caught doing this or some other under-handed crap, your name as a licensed agent would be a juicy one to offer up.

Don't use it, you don't want even one common client name from that list in your book (when your pal gets caught), you've been warned.

Violations of the protection of NPI (non public information) is serious stuff as it should be....your "friend" is dangerous as well as being a douche-bag.

He/she as a bank employee has a fiduciary responsibility to protect that information, just like you are SUPPOSED to be a fiduciary of the insurance companies you write for, as a field underwriter you better start to understand that your responsibility level is higher than some smuck pushing discount health cards or selling DirecTV.

Don't find out the hard way, that some ADA would love to make bones prosecuting a juicy Identity theft/NPI violation case with a bank name, insurance company name and a financial services professional (that'd be you) attached.

Once, again I'm not attacking you, just assuming you're a little naive as to why this would be a bad idea and trying to help you from a bad choice.
(They don't send guys to jail for selling HBO, you have a license for a reason)

Last edited:
Back