Silver Sneakers with Med Supp?

lakeloveroktx

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a client that wants Med Supp but wants Silver Sneakers. Do any carriers do this?

I am in Texas.

Thanks.

you misunderstood his question. he wants to know what ins carriers include the SS benefit, not which locations accept it.

I know here in TN AARP and Blue Cross supplements include the program.

As is usually the case, Bob didn't misinterpret anything. He provided a tool for the op to search which plan provides exactly what he asked for.

So, if you scroll down about 3 or 4 inches from locations, you will see based on 'State', which plans offer SS.

you misunderstood his question. he wants to know what ins carriers include the SS benefit, not which locations accept it.

I know here in TN AARP and Blue Cross supplements include the program.

And Amerigroup, Healthspring, Humana and UHC.

I got that from the website . . .

How does a Med sup carrier get away adding SS to a med sup? All Plan F's should be the same.

How does a Med sup carrier get away adding SS to a med sup? All Plan F's should be the same.

Good question. But something tells me it has nothing to do with the language in the insurance policy but everything to do with the association providing benefits to those who are insured by their company of choice; a perk from the Assn. Yes, a fine line, or maybe just a way around the fine line.

The only Med Supp is AARP in Texas with Silver Sneakers.

Hmmmmmmmmm . . .

So the SS site is wrong when it lists 15 plans that include SS membership?

They are the same, but nothing says a carrier, or marketing organization, can't offer spiffs.

Look at AARP.

If you want a UHC plan from them you must buy a membership ($16/yr) but they throw in a magazine, AARP discount card and all the other crap.

Some carriers also include a free Rx discount card with their plan.

lakeloveroktx said:
Thanks for all the help. The only Med Supp is AARP in Texas with Silver Sneakers.

Only the core benefits must be the same. The Gap coverages to Medicare.

Plans can add any extra non-Medicare benefits they want but they must include the standardized core benefits.

Back