Sitting Tight Until the Health Care Reform

ABC

Guru
1000 Post Club
I am starting to get a recurring theme here on prospecting.

"we are going to sit tight until the health care reform kicks in"

This is not good.

Anyone else that actually prospects group health, running into this?

I think that is a great opportunity to get in with them. Once they say that, I always ask "Why?"

When they look at me or pause I say "you can lock it in now and have until next november or december before the rules will apply to you." "Lock it in now so that you won't have to make the ObamaCare changes until as late as possible!"

I see the Health Reform pushback one gets from a client as an opportunity. This is a great way to turn the conversation from a negative to a positive by educating the client. At the very least, your client will will see your level of market place knowledge. Anything that changes in the marketplace is always a fantastic way to distance yourself from the competition. For the most part, health care reform is really about getting the client to understand where they fit into the new environment and making them comfortable with that fact.

Sounds like a good approach.

How are you handling the grandfather issue?

I see the Health Reform pushback one gets from a client as an opportunity. This is a great way to turn the conversation from a negative to a positive by educating the client. At the very least, your client will will see your level of market place knowledge. Anything that changes in the marketplace is always a fantastic way to distance yourself from the competition. For the most part, health care reform is really about getting the client to understand where they fit into the new environment and making them comfortable with that fact.

Most of my business is in NY small group and most clients had had to leave their 2010 plans for rate relief so I have not had to specifically address this concern.
Sounds like a good approach.

How are you handling the grandfather issue?

In Indiana is a major concern.

No group, wants to give up a grandfather status to move. Some of the micro groups don't care but any group over 20 lives.

So to move the case and not lose the grandfather status the benefits have to exactly the same or better.

In Indiana is a major concern.

No group, wants to give up a grandfather status to move. Some of the micro groups don't care but any group over 20 lives.

So to move the case and not lose the grandfather status the benefits have to exactly the same or better.

Hello Fellow Hoosier,

I don't work the under age 65 mkt much; only by default when it falls into my lap. As a consequence I am not up to speed on the grandfathering issue prior to PPACA. Can you put this into words that will clear the grandfather issue for me...? Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated. SN [SE Ind area, Cincy, OH]

CA swears HCR is full speed ahead no matter what happens on a federal level, so it's not really an issue. Most people I've talked to who have still wanted to wait I simply asked "OK- so I can put you down for (suggest time of day, week of Nov 5th)" and they've said yes.

Hello Fellow Hoosier,

I don't work the under age 65 mkt much; only by default when it falls into my lap. As a consequence I am not up to speed on the grandfathering issue prior to PPACA. Can you put this into words that will clear the grandfather issue for me...? Thanks in advance, greatly appreciated. SN [SE Ind area, Cincy, OH]

Google it. Then you can educate yourself on what is happening in the industry.

Back