Sneaky Telemarketer

The callers are using an app called sideline . I work different states and use it . You can change to any city or area code . It’s perfectly legal because your using one base # to call all the time . It’s like saying I want my caller I’d to say this or that .

The callers are using an app called sideline . I work different states and use it . You can change to any city or area code . It’s perfectly legal because your using one base # to call all the time . It’s like saying I want my caller I’d to say this or that .

Some things are legal,but doesn't always make them professional and/or ethical. I believe what you describe is legal spoofing.

Seems like an odd way to start a relationship with a client.

These are leads . I’m just trying to get an appt . I’m going to go and physically see most .Once I sell them I give them my business card. Hell with a different area code nobody would ever answer the phone . As it is few answer the phone . They gave me their # to call them .

These are not calling from a legal number. They claim to be calling from Medicare which is illegal. They are calling numbers on the do not call which is illegal. I do record those and report to medicare but they can't do anything because of the number spoofing.

These are leads . I’m just trying to get an appt . I’m going to go and physically see most .Once I sell them I give them my business card. Hell with a different area code nobody would ever answer the phone . As it is few answer the phone . They gave me their # to call them .
My caller ID says "Insurance Agent".

I really only want to talk to people who want to talk to me.

Agree. Funny part is just yesterday a local life insurance agent that sells a ton of FIA, has dozens of billboards up & is a major paid sponsor of 2 TV stations was interviewed as the stock market expert. The TV stations literally don't care that he has no credentials other than a life insurance license.

I have no problem with him only selling FIA, I just don't like all the misleading advertising & defacto media endorsement as if he is a financial planner or even licensed to discuss securities or the stock market. If he wants to be a media personality where he can talk about any topic, he needs to forfeit licenses & no longer sell.

He is on TV & radio numerous times a month. No regulators seem to care, but if someone with proper securities licenses forgets to report they are now on a church fundraising committee, they can be fined or disciplined.

My point is, be proud of what you do & honest without misleading where you are from or what products you offer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220316-184022~2.png
    Screenshot_20220316-184022~2.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 14

Mine doesn't say that. But it's my name. I've never used those number masking thingys. I used the same office number for 17 years. I've had the same cell number for 29 years.

I work 3 states. Or used to. Mostly one state now. But I never used a local number to call across state lines. I want them to know who's calling. If they don't want to talk to me then that's a time saver for me. I don't want to talk to them either. Most times if they don't answer a few times they will call me. They want to know who this JD is and why do you keep calling. :1wink:

Mine doesn't say that. But it's my name. I've never used those number masking thingys. I used the same office number for 17 years. I've had the same cell number for 29 years.
I understand why you do that but I work internet leads from all over the country. Insurance agent is pretty straightforward, that's why I use it.

I'm close to 20 on my cell but only 11 on my office so I guess I need to work on that lol.

Back