So How Many Calls a Day Should I Make?

those numbers are not just for insurance companies. For any call center, their target amount of calls is 300+ calls per day. And yes it's doable, and yes it is hard. You should get about 20 conversations going and roughly 1 to 2 sales per day with those totals.

those numbers are not just for insurance companies. For any call center, their target amount of calls is 300+ calls per day. And yes it's doable, and yes it is hard. You should get about 20 conversations going and roughly 1 to 2 sales per day with those totals.

So, for that hard work, you could make between $175-225K...roughly. Not bad for a little hard work. Easier said then done though.

Yeah, I'd say I call about 1.5-2 hours a day too. I couldn't imagine calling 300+ numbers a day. I'd shoot myself

One obstacle I've had to deal with for a long time is balancing my prospecting (which includes cold-calling) with appointments, case development, training, etc.

Too many times I've become involved in appointments, apps and all the follow-up for exams, placements, etc and working on relationships for referrals (which many times is just avoidance behavior for not making calls). But then I don't have time for the phone.

For me, I find I need to get in as much time early in the week on the phone to make sure I get the outgoing calls made, and schedule my appointments Wednesday through Friday. Saturday mornings are excellent calling times as well.

But whenever we don't have appointments, then during the 'pay-time' of the day we should be on the phone making calls. Especially if we don't have any business.

Here is the question. If you are fairly new to the insurance field, other than prospecting, what else is there for you to do? If you are new, you don't have any customers so anything other than doing activities to find customers is a waste of time.

300 dials per day by hand should take about 6 hours. Probably half that if you have a power dialer like Mojo or Salesdialers. So think about it. Spend 4 to 6 hours a day prospecting for your first few years and you will be able to live a life that others can only dream of.

I always find it funny that most prospecting/cold calling threads focus on finding the least amount of work necessary versus flipping the script and thinking about what type of activity it will take to meet a certain income level. Most people will never cold call with any consistency. Most people will never develop the stamina to outwork everyone around them. Most people will never be more than average either. In my opinion, this makes it easier for those that are willing to put in the blood, sweat, and tears. Do the work and never let doubt enter your mind and you can't help but be a huge success.

Back