Society of Grownups - a MassMutual Learning Initiative

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
How ******* embarrassing!

MassMutual Launches Society Of Grownups

NOVEMBER 2014 • FA STAFF

MassMutual has launched the Society of Grownups, which is intended to help young adults develop a road map for their financial future. Geared toward 25- to 40-year-olds, the Society of Grownups offers them a place to go to engage in discussions about their goals and dreams and develop a financial plan to achieve them, said Nondini Naqui, the society’s director.

The group has an office in Brookline, Mass., as well as a Web site, Facebook page, Twitter account and various other social media sites.

Financial advice is offered in a casual setting at the Brookline location through a series of classes, supper clubs and guest speaker events, said Naqui. Individual sessions with an advisor are also offered.

One class, “Getting Better With Age,” is about retirement—and wine. “We bring in a sommelier who talks about how wine gets better with age and how you should diversify your palate,” said Naqui. “And we have a financial advisor co-teach that class and talk about how your retirement funds should get better with age and how you should diversify your portfolio.”

No products are sold, and advisors provide unbiased advice, according to Naqui. “The Society of Grownups is about providing this group with a broad range of knowledge and skills to become competent and savvy when it comes to handling their own money.”

To find out more visit www.societyofgrownups.com.

In short, MassMutual is saying to those between 25-40 to Grow the **** up and learn about money! At least they're saying that with that title.

I would've named it "The Financial Society of Generation X, WhY, and How".

Nah, I like the "Grow the **** up" title. Probably the only thing that would get the attention of that group.

How ******* embarrassing!

MassMutual Launches Society Of Grownups

In short, MassMutual is saying to those between 25-40 to Grow the **** up and learn about money! At least they're saying that with that title.

I would've named it "The Financial Society of Generation X, WhY, and How".

Back