Starting a Cold Door Knocking Mastermind Group

Mtanner03159

** Before I go any further, I know that door knocking isn't for everyone. If you don't think it's effective or if you've managed to find success elsewhere, well that's great however - the purpose of this thread is not to debate the merits of one approach over another. **

I am creating this thread because I have found some success in doing what I'm doing, and I know I'm only scratching the surface of what's possible. I would like to create a private master mind group consisting of 4 or 5 agents who are either already out there knocking on doors to sell insurance to seniors.

The group would have a private discord channel where we could meet daily to:
  • Mentor one another
  • Share scripts and techniques
  • Identify what's working and what's not
  • Compare data & analyzing results
  • Keep each other accountable

Participants Should:
  • Have a positive attitude
  • Plan on door knocking multiple days per week
  • Be in different territories

If you're interested in participating, send me a PM.

** Before I go any further, I know that door knocking isn't for everyone. If you don't think it's effective or if you've managed to find success elsewhere, well that's great however - the purpose of this thread is not to debate the merits of one approach over another. **

I am creating this thread because I have found some success in doing what I'm doing, and I know I'm only scratching the surface of what's possible. I would like to create a private master mind group consisting of 4 or 5 agents who are either already out there knocking on doors to sell insurance to seniors.

The group would have a private discord channel where we could meet daily to:
  • Mentor one another
  • Share scripts and techniques
  • Identify what's working and what's not
  • Compare data & analyzing results
  • Keep each other accountable

Participants Should:
  • Have a positive attitude
  • Plan on door knocking multiple days per week
  • Be in different territories

If you're interested in participating, send me a PM.

I've done this, it is definitely in my wheel house. How do you know the door your knocking is a senior?

Update to anyone else who might be interested. I’ve setup the discord channel. Currently we have 3 members with 2 more invites pending. I am hoping to maintain a group size of about 5 active members so there’s still a little time to get in.

First discussion will be an opportunity to 1.) Meet and greet, 2.) share what your doing that is working, 3) discuss an area where you struggle and 4.) share a resource such as a tool, book, article or podcast that would benefit the group.

PM me if your interested.

90% of my business is threw door knocking . Me and i guy i talk too 3-4 times a day have gone over stategies 1000 times . I have no interest in being in a group but i will share a few tips that works great . I’ve learned a ton from others so i like to give back . I just recently changed my approach at the door when somebody else not the cardholder answers the door. I’ll give a shout out to tribe time as he posted this . It works . Thats the biggest issues many have is getting by the “gatekeeper” . Someone lease answer the door simply say “ I’m here to see Janet” . The person at the door immediately thinks you have an appt . About 40% of the time they dig further . They say What’s this about? “ I’m delivering some important information Janet requested from our office about State benefits she might qualify for . I just need her to sign off that i delivered the info” 95% of the time they go get her .

In the end 90% of getting in a door is not what you say ITS HOW YOU SAY IT . If your not excited at the door and using different pitch levels and sound dead your not getting in. Make the laugh with thinga like “ Janet its takes 3 mins and I’ll be out of your hair quicker than it took you to brush your teeth this am” . Thats if their resisting at the door . Some phrases i use if there resisting . “ Janet I’m only here because you took the time to fill this card out “ It obviously was very important to you to get this info as thats a lot of work to read this and fill it out . Takes 3 mins we can sit right here as your pointing to an area and going there . “ Janet let me ask you a question . Do you run track ? She says no. Thats a long long way to your mailbox you walked to put this return card in so you could get this very important info . Takes 3 mins we can set right there .

Send me your eamil, a zip code and I will provide you a list of seniors in that area.

Thanks @rousemark, after I posted that, I felt a bit foolish, as I was aware of names lists, just don't use them. But sure do appreciate you for offering.

90% of my business is threw door knocking . Me and i guy i talk too 3-4 times a day have gone over stategies 1000 times . I have no interest in being in a group but i will share a few tips that works great . I’ve learned a ton from others so i like to give back . I just recently changed my approach at the door when somebody else not the cardholder answers the door. I’ll give a shout out to tribe time as he posted this . It works . Thats the biggest issues many have is getting by the “gatekeeper” . Someone lease answer the door simply say “ I’m here to see Janet” . The person at the door immediately thinks you have an appt . About 40% of the time they dig further . They say What’s this about? “ I’m delivering some important information Janet requested from our office about State benefits she might qualify for . I just need her to sign off that i delivered the info” 95% of the time they go get her .

In the end 90% of getting in a door is not what you say ITS HOW YOU SAY IT . If your not excited at the door and using different pitch levels and sound dead your not getting in. Make the laugh with thinga like “ Janet its takes 3 mins and I’ll be out of your hair quicker than it took you to brush your teeth this am” . Thats if their resisting at the door . Some phrases i use if there resisting . “ Janet I’m only here because you took the time to fill this card out “ It obviously was very important to you to get this info as thats a lot of work to read this and fill it out . Takes 3 mins we can sit right here as your pointing to an area and going there . “ Janet let me ask you a question . Do you run track ? She says no. Thats a long long way to your mailbox you walked to put this return card in so you could get this very important info . Takes 3 mins we can set right there .

If it's a cold door, no card involved, I say, "Hello, I'm ### with ### and I am speaking with all the folks in the area about cancer, heart attacks and serious accidents. I've spoken to (use neighbors names you've spoken to, pointing in the direction of thier location). I'm trying to catch everyone for just a couple of seconds, do you have a spot we could sit down?" Move forward head down.

Thanks @rousemark, after I posted that, I felt a bit foolish, as I was aware of names lists, just don't use them. But sure do appreciate you for offering.

If it's a cold door, no card involved, I say, "Hello, I'm ### with ### and I am speaking with all the folks in the area about cancer, heart attacks and serious accidents. I've spoken to (use neighbors names you've spoken to, pointing in the direction of thier location). I'm trying to catch everyone for just a couple of seconds, do you have a spot we could sit down?" Move forward head down.
Are you specializing in cancer and supplemental health? With what carrier?

Back