Starting a Position with Securus FE

Well, that's good to hear. I did some price comparisons as well between them and a couple different companies. At most, I saw Monumental just change to a buck or so cheaper. However, I do understand Monumental can get those with health issues in with an immediate benefit and no waiting period before the death benefit actually kicks in. As well as their accelerated payment program where they pay you a portion of that deferred earned money on written policies every month. Not to mention some slightly higher commission levels, right? Damnit, I want my Monumental contract back :( haha

Is there any other company I can write for that will offer an immediate benefit to someone, say with COPD?

But no, I think I am pretty confident I will be able to write business with any company. After all, you are selling yourself and very rarely does the client even care what company they are taking out the policy with (so I have been told). I read that some people say they have lower retention rates with other companies. However, I plan on doing a tremendous job at making an attempt to retain business and service clients. I will start by delivering their policies to them personally and going over anything they need. Basically, giving them a sense that I am really there to help them and am at their beck and call. I plan to mail them each a thank you note or some kind of card at the end of the week or month in which I write them a policy. I also plan to mail them out a card every year. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd gladly consider those, too.

Nothing special about Monumental. Especially theior commissions. Their rates are nothing special either. They are also quite difficult to work with and are terribly "amendment happy".

I've been a full time fE agent for going on four years now and been wrting FE for seven years or more.

I have only had a Monumental contract for less than a year. If I lost it tomorrow it wouldn't bother me.

Pick up RNA, Americo, AmCon, Foresters and 5 Star and you will never miss Monumental.

Nothing special about Monumental. Especially theior commissions. Their rates are nothing special either. They are also quite difficult to work with and are terribly "amendment happy".

I've been a full time fE agent for going on four years now and been wrting FE for seven years or more.

I have only had a Monumental contract for less than a year. If I lost it tomorrow it wouldn't bother me.

Pick up RNA, Americo, AmCon, Foresters and 5 Star and you will never miss Monumental.

Thank you for this advice. These are the kind of things I need to hear. I have felt a little down in the dumps at times feeling like I am not able to offer my potential clients the best they can get. This does ease my mind a little now knowing monumental isn't necessarily instrumental.

Thank you for this advice. These are the kind of things I need to hear. I have felt a little down in the dumps at times feeling like I am not able to offer my potential clients the best they can get. This does ease my mind a little now knowing monumental isn't necessarily instrumental.

Where are you in Missouri?

Have you asked your up line what type of production requirements you need to hit for a commission bump?

Unsolicited advice - Drive to meet him.

Yeah, I will probably do so. We are fairly close anyways so it won't be any trouble at all. I would pm him back but I have to have 20 posts in order to do so. I should get started on that now. Here's one down...

Have you asked your up line what type of production requirements you need to hit for a commission bump?

Well, if I could ever get a hold of the guy, I would have to ask him one more time. I remember he telling me initially and these are the kind of things someone in my position should take note of, but for whatever reason I just can't remember.

Anyways, I have just 2 appointments tomorrow. I set most for Wednesday as I have 5 throughout the day. I will update tomorrow after I write some business and take on a new client ;)

I would knock on the one door with the lead that is over age 85, the prospect probably has some awesome referrals. Even if you can't help this prospect, you can help the kids, grandkids, neices, nephews, neighbors and so on.

Yeah, I will probably do so. We are fairly close anyways so it won't be any trouble at all. I would pm him back but I have to have 20 posts in order to do so. I should get started on that now. Here's one down...

Well, if I could ever get a hold of the guy, I would have to ask him one more time. I remember he telling me initially and these are the kind of things someone in my position should take note of, but for whatever reason I just can't remember.

Anyways, I have just 2 appointments tomorrow. I set most for Wednesday as I have 5 throughout the day. I will update tomorrow after I write some business and take on a new client ;)

In my opinion you are setting yourself for failure by scheduling the appointments too far out. I only schedule for the next day. I do know successful agents that schedule for Monday on Sat., but that's as fa out as they will go.

Scheduling 3 and 4 days out is just a recipie for disaster.

Back