Still studying for license but need healthcare for family

Jmos

Expert
So, I wanted to wait til I was licensed and just buy my own coverage and then get a comission on the premium, but I currently have a non-insurance job where group coverage is a very high premium.
I would like to get my premium as low as possible, but I MUST have coverage. In a shared custody agreement on one of our kids, that's my end of the bargain.

So, 2 adults, 2 young kids. Healthy family, non smoking.
Pretty simple and straight forward, we just need to take the 17 month old to his check ups, and the 8 year old to a dentist, and get him glasses once a year, and shes 28, I'm 34, she also needs glasses, and some basic doctor visits throughout the year with a primary physician.
We live in Missouri.

So, what's the best way to get a low premium but not have our claims denied?
Any ball park premium ideas with various carriers I could go through?

You are in a real pickle. Any position you have or take where coverage is a benefit is going to cost you dearly unless it is an outfit where the owner has decided to pay for all premiums, which doesn't happen that often any longer. If you have a position without benefits there is always the Marketplace but you would have to hope you don't make enough so that you qualify for any offset. Credible family coverage is going to cost lots where ever you look. Wish I could help

You are in a real pickle. Any position you have or take where coverage is a benefit is going to cost you dearly unless it is an outfit where the owner has decided to pay for all premiums, which doesn't happen that often any longer. If you have a position without benefits there is always the Marketplace but you would have to hope you don't make enough so that you qualify for any offset. Credible family coverage is going to cost lots where ever you look. Wish I could help

Well, I've had coverage through Everest which was around 300 for medical, and then I cabt remember what the cost for dental and vision were. However, it was some sort of coverage I signed up for online and it lasted for a year. Same thing a couple years prior with a company called pivot. I was just wondering if there was something in between group coverage, and those types of plans.

How far are you from getting licensed? I would go out immediately and get your license. You need to see if you can get into a "group healthcare coverage" That will be more affordable. Mutual of Omaha has healthcare if it is in a group that is very affordable.

How far are you from getting licensed? I would go out immediately and get your license. You need to see if you can get into a "group healthcare coverage" That will be more affordable. Mutual of Omaha has healthcare if it is in a group that is very affordable.

I'm learning the laws in my state now, which is the last 3 sections, but then I'll have to schedule to take the test still yet. And then I'll have to find a job in insurance.
I guess I didnt realize I could get group coverage other that which is through my place of employment. I currently sell timeshare in face to face sales (have been for 10 years), and this year is just not good. After being laid off, and trying to pull 30k out the pockets of people who have also been laid off, it's really hard to find the money.
However, this premium is 1200 dollars a month. The highest I've ever paid for group coverage.

But if you say I can get group coverage through mutual of Omaha, I'll look them up and try.

Back