Stop the H.I.T.

Q: "How do we lower premiums for Americans?"
A: "Let's levy a tax on the premium".

(Source: Banana Republic school of economics)

Tax it, and you will get less consumption. But wasn't the goal of the law for people to consume and get MORE health care?

If there was a goal to lower the cost of housing, raising property taxes would be the liberal solution

Some of the taxes (medical equipment, insurance carriers, pharma) also impact Medicare and Medicaid. Just shows how little DC knows about, well, anything.

P.S. I was being sarcastic, $500 is a considerable chunk to just disappear, even if it is nickles and dimes here and there.

Allen, thanks for that link, awesome information.

And I was being sarcastic about the Banana Republic school of economics. The truth is they were truant that semester.

P.S. I was being sarcastic, $500 is a considerable chunk to just disappear, even if it is nickles and dimes here and there.

Allen, thanks for that link, awesome information.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, RayNY. You always seem so sincere and straight-forward. Didn't know you were being sarcastic. My bad.
-Allen

No biggie, I was going to throw a sarcmark in there but I guess my knowledge of obscure punctuation exceeds Window's character map.

I have a smart-ass problem, take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Update July 23, 2013

The effort to repeal the "Health Insurance Tax" is gaining momentum. Many small business owners are telling Congress that they will not be able to stay in business if this tax is implemented in 2014.

Story: Small Business Owners Tell Congress the HIT Could Affect Their Ability to Offer Health Care Coverage | AHIP Coverage

It's likely that this H.I.Tax is one more incentive for employers to consider handing off the responsibility of providing employee health coverage to the private health insurance market.
-ac

Back