Strictly Medicare FMO's

If Ive said it once, Ive said it a million times...

A true independent agents mind set should be on High commissions, release at anytime, and paid direct from carrier.

I would never take a cut or even accept street for leads or home office support.

GA contracts for Indy Agents and I never want to talk to the FMO PERIOD.

FMO's are required for MA contracting. There is no such thing as an independent MAPD agent

I don't think that's accurate.

Then all the carriers I'm contracted with must have been mistaken when they told me I couldn't contract direct and was required to go through and FMO, MGA, or Brokerage firm (and yes, I spoke with everyone in my state).

Then all the carriers I'm contracted with must have been mistaken when they told me I couldn't contract direct and was required to go through and FMO, MGA, or Brokerage firm (and yes, I spoke with everyone in my state).

All of your contracts dont have to be through one FMO. An independent agent, is not captive. Doesnt matter is MA use an FMO structure or not.

All of your contracts dont have to be through one FMO. An independent agent, is not captive. Doesnt matter is MA use an FMO structure or not.

I never said all contracts had to be run through one FMO, I said "a FMO" as opposed to contracting directly with the insurance carrier, which is what was suggested.

Most of the national MA providers do go through the FMO system. (That will change after this year when the FMO's go broke.)

Aetna will contract directly as will Pyramid. Wellpoint companies also have direct contracts. Some local MA plans will allow direct contracting as well.

The FMO is almost meaningless IF you get a pre-nup agreement. Then if they suck, you can always contract elsewhere.

As far as contracts, you can easily receive higher than street level if you know where to look. I can help you get a GA contract for UHC and there are others that can do the same with other plans.

Rick

Send me a PM, I'm shopping. I had the unfortunate experience of getting involved with a TAG subsidiary before I found this web site. I think that's explanation enough :twitchy:

I'm looking to contract with Humana, Secure Horizons (AARP), Well Care, Cigna, Coventry, and UHC.

I am already looking at a couple companies for Cigna, Coventry and UHC, but of course, would be a fool to turn down a better offer.

Send me a PM, I'm shopping. I had the unfortunate experience of getting involved with a TAG subsidiary before I found this web site. I think that's explanation enough :twitchy:

I'm looking to contract with Humana, Secure Horizons (AARP), Well Care, Cigna, Coventry, and UHC.

I am already looking at a couple companies for Cigna, Coventry and UHC, but of course, would be a fool to turn down a better offer.
Tina:

We need to know what state. You can reach me at insure AT greensky.com.

Rick

Back