Stupid Humana Tricks

Humana is one of the carriers for individual plans under age 65 that does not pay on any rateups. They only pay commissions on standard rates. Cheap comp.

Humana is one of the carriers for individual plans under age 65 that does not pay on any rateups. They only pay commissions on standard rates. Cheap comp.

I think Assurant only pays on the base before rate-up too, and Aetna's structure makes it so that you are basically getting paid on the non-rated up amount. Anthem pays on rate-ups here, but pays less than Humana and does not give any increases in commission for production.

Hey guys.....Coventry and United HealthCare is following the same protocol.

If you don't convert your clients to their new plans NOW....they will be proactive in contacting them to rewrite a new plan and you LOSE>

How come no one else posted this?

I know I was just told in here the other day that nobody ever gets ripped off by these insurance companies......but yea speaking of Coventry ask me how they have ripped me off for thousands of dollars this year alone! I sold about 65 Coventry medicare drug plans last year(2008) from Novemeber 15th through December 31. Im not talking about conversions Im talking about people who had never had a drug plan before. My commish is about 50 bucks a policy and I go through Mutual of Omaha with Coventry so Im paid by Mutual of Omaha. Anyway along comes Feb 1 of this year and I have not received a dime for selling those plans yet. I had not called Mutual or Coventry yet but I was starting to get worried about ever seeing my 3000 bucks commission. Along comes March 1rst and I still have not seen a dime. At this point I call Mutual of Omaha and they tell me that they have not been paid yet from Coventry so they cant pay me. So I call Coventry and they tell me they cant pay the commissions until "CMS makes their final ruling on commissions". So there it is and I know right then I'm screwed and will be lucky if I ever see that 3000 bucks they owe me. Along comes April 1rst and still I have not seen a dime, So I call Mutual and they give me the same old song and dance that Coventry has not paid them yet so they cant pay me. So I call Coventry again and they say they have paid Mutual half of my commissions and I should get them soon. At that point I realize that I have to back off and just drop it before I tell both these sons fo bitches off good not to mention give my own self such a bad attitude that it affects my current business dealings. Along comes May 1rst and still not a dime has been paid to me. I dont call either company as I just dont need to get myself worked up and pissed off! Finally about the last week of May orr 1rst week of June I open my Mutual Commision statement and see that i have received half of the 3000+ they owe me. Wow I thought thats 1500 dollars more then I thought I was ever going to see. So I call them up and say hey what about the other 1500 plus you still owe me when can I expect that? They tell me that it should be "around the first of July. So August 1rst comes along and I have not received my money yet and I call them again and they say I will get my money at the end of August. September comes along and no money yet so I call Coventry and they claim they have paid Mutual my commissions and that it is between me and Mutual now. I call Mutual after I hang up the phone and they say they are still waiting for Coventry to pay them.and I say I just got off the phone with Coventry and they said they paid you. At this point the folks in the Mutuasl commissions dept are starting to get pretty bitchy with me so I just drop it. Along comes Oct 1rst and I call Mutual and say hey wheres my 1500+bucks and they say it should come out at the end of October. Then about a week ago I get the first written indication that I will get paid my 1500 bucks in the form of an Email which says I will get my commission "sometime at the end of November"......What a crock of crap did I say that yet. Oh and I forgot to say that since they were already ripping me off they decided to pile it on so all the 1rst year drug plans that I have sold for coventry this year I have only been paid half(24 bucks) of my commission. So yea they now owe me about 25 bucks for the 65 drug plans that I sold last year from nov 15 to dec 31 plus 25 bucks for all the 1rst year drug plans that I have sold this year. I would not want to bet even 20 bucks that I see that money in November! And whats up with that "late in november" stuff anyway? Do they mean like the last week of Nov or thanksgiving day orr the last day of NOv or what?
to rub some additional salt in my wounds I got an email from Mutual of Omaha about a week ago saying if I did not go take the internet certification course to sell Coventry drug plans before November 1rst then I would be charged 100 dollars to take the test afterward which would be billed to my mutual account. Of course they said they would reimburse me the 100 bucks after I sold about 10 policies. They would reimburse me in their words "sometime next year". So here it is with 1 day left for me to take that test for free and I just cant make myself do it. I may take that test tomorrow but I'm thinking more then likely I will take that test when hell freezes over. I know my clients need my help with those drug plans and all but I think Im to the end of my rope with them. That guy that sat in this forum the other day telling me how he had never been ripped off in 16 years by any insurance company really takes the cake did I say that yet?:realmad:

"Paragraphs man....paragraphs."
===========================================

Sorry........I got a million of those stories but I don't post about them because they are too long and drawn out........I just spewed that little diddy out real quick after someone cussed er I mean said the word "Coventry"......I dont even like to think about that situation too much so I didnt waste too much time with the punctuation and grammar and got it out there as a word to the wise.

... speaking of Coventry ask me how they have ripped me off for thousands of dollars this year alone! :

I've fired Coventry! They are nothing but trouble. They arbitrarily reverse existing clients for no apparent reason. Creating artificial debits. Nope, I have no interest in selling and have not recertified with Coventry. "Free at last, free at last...."

According to CMS their so called customer service has a 1 out of 5 rating. Death to Coventry! :mad:

I've fired Coventry! They are nothing but trouble. They arbitrarily reverse existing clients for no apparent reason. Creating artificial debits. Nope, I have no interest in selling and have not recertified with Coventry. "Free at last, free at last...."

According to CMS their so called customer service has a 1 out of 5 rating. Death to Coventry! :mad:
You guys are a wealth of information...I just got contracted with Coventry for individual health plans and PDP....the individual health plans seem very competitive with the BC/BS in GA anyway, which is the reason I got contracted, though 15% as earned...is OK if they honor their contracts, renewals and all with good service. I did a prompt call back from the group guy in GA saying "they had just cut a "block" of brokers on the group side of the biz because they wanted to improve their service after recent complaints from their existing brokers. And now are just adding new brokers with a book of 15 groups minimum." So not sure what happens to those under 15 if they have renewals, etc...
Thanks everybody for the wealth of info being shared here...this forum is saving me a lot of pain in the BAH-TTUCS
....am I hearing don't bother with Coventry in any shape or form?
Alph-red-o

Back