Success On The Doors!

MurphSlc

I'm fairly new to the insurance business. I got my P&C license about a month ago. I'm averaging about 8-10 new clients a week! I'm doing it all through door to door. Before insurance I was in the alarm industry and was Vice Pres of training for one of the bigger alarm companies. 90% of business came thru door to door reps. Being new in this very competitive industry I turned to my 10 plus years of door to door experience to get started. I knock an average of 5 hours a day and will get 3 or 4 people to let me quote them. I've read alot of posts on agents talking about door to door and everyone seems to be more focused on should I wear a reflective vest, or do I carry mace, what neighborhoods should I knock. I know I'm very new but feel I've found a niche that works for me and would be willing to help any who seeks some advice.

I'm fairly new to the insurance business. I got my P&C license about a month ago. I'm averaging about 8-10 new clients a week! I'm doing it all through door to door. Before insurance I was in the alarm industry and was Vice Pres of training for one of the bigger alarm companies. 90% of business came thru door to door reps. Being new in this very competitive industry I turned to my 10 plus years of door to door experience to get started. I knock an average of 5 hours a day and will get 3 or 4 people to let me quote them. I've read alot of posts on agents talking about door to door and everyone seems to be more focused on should I wear a reflective vest, or do I carry mace, what neighborhoods should I knock. I know I'm very new but feel I've found a niche that works for me and would be willing to help any who seeks some advice.

Are you packing???????????????

It's really about getting up off your seat and go work. Nuff said. Grats!

I totally agree. Most of us have analysis paralysis. The person who will engage in the activity of see new people will always come out ahead.

Nope, not pet insurance. P&C I'm bundling home and auto on 90% of my clients. I just get off my butt and in front of people.

I have no doubt it is working well for you. There was another agent from MN a while back doing the same thing for P&C and having a lot of success. If you knocked on my door, I would listen and let you quote me. If I was selling P&C, that is what I would be doing.

My guess is most of the producers doing well probably don't have as much time to spend on this board, it gets old when someone shares and then gets insulted for their minimum post count.

Last edited:
Back