T65 Cold Calling Vs 67 Plus.....NEED HELP!

It's called sweat equity.

Forget Cold Calling. That's for the birds.

This isn't a job, its a business. And all businesses have to spend money to make money. If you are tired of cold calling, hire a telemarketer or buy some leads or do both.

One thing you'll notice is that the more money you spend on getting in front of prospects, the more money you make!

Man up and drop some stacks on your business. I just did and it feels great

i have been doing med supps in Louisiana for 12 years and I have a very nice established client base. I am trying to get to the next level;; I have one telemarketer and I have a full time office girl that does EVERYTHING that I used to have to do at the clerical level. I hand the clean app to her and she does the rest-faxes it, tracks it, receives it , processes it , mails it to client, etc. she handles all my calls and all my service issues. It's been costly but it has been allowing me plenty of time to concentrate on selling!! It's costly because I had to rent office space, set up phone, internet, pay her, pay taxes, etc. Most of my colleagues just go solo, work from home, the mrs. helps out when sher can. I did that for years, but decided to take this big step. I'm so glad I did, now it's up to me to make it work! the pressure is on but, I enjoy my job so much that I welcome the challenge! One thing that upsets me is that it seems I have spoiled my client base -they now know that anytime the rate goes up that they can just call me and I'll have something cheaper. This has been eating up most of my work time. And it's funny how price sensitive my clients seem to be compared to all the prospects I call that seem to be willing to pay $70-$80 more a month than needed rather than switch with me!! Oh well, I just keep hammering away at them. Sometimes its all about timing; you know, you call them and it just so happens that they received a rate increase letter in the mail that week- those are sweet! I have well over 900 active clients. But, i still have to work hard-there's plenty of clients that are active with me that I am not getting full commission on currently for various reasons, so I am in the process of remedying that but it takes time. The computer is one of my best assets, my notes on prospects are meticulous and I stay organized so I can go after prospects when i know an opportunity is there. My weakness/faults is that i often leave a lot of money on the table as they say, by not cross-selling, whether it be annuities, final expense or LTC. Diversification has been my biggest struggle-usually because of the idea that its easier for me to get out of the house with the medsupp sale and get to the next appointment. Well, that's all for now, i am newly registered and look forward to conferring with everyone here about the challenges we face on a daily basis. I have more to say but don't have the time. Please send your comments and replies! Lafayette Louisiana is a great market for medicare BTW, MA penetration is fairly low, large senior population, large rural areas where agents are vital, etc.

i have been doing med supps in Louisiana for 12 years and I have a very nice established client base. I am trying to get to the next level;; I have one telemarketer and I have a full time office girl that does EVERYTHING that I used to have to do at the clerical level. I hand the clean app to her and she does the rest-faxes it, tracks it, receives it , processes it , mails it to client, etc. she handles all my calls and all my service issues. It's been costly but it has been allowing me plenty of time to concentrate on selling!! It's costly because I had to rent office space, set up phone, internet, pay her, pay taxes, etc. Most of my colleagues just go solo, work from home, the mrs. helps out when sher can. I did that for years, but decided to take this big step. I'm so glad I did, now it's up to me to make it work! the pressure is on but, I enjoy my job so much that I welcome the challenge! One thing that upsets me is that it seems I have spoiled my client base -they now know that anytime the rate goes up that they can just call me and I'll have something cheaper. This has been eating up most of my work time. And it's funny how price sensitive my clients seem to be compared to all the prospects I call that seem to be willing to pay $70-$80 more a month than needed rather than switch with me!! Oh well, I just keep hammering away at them. Sometimes its all about timing; you know, you call them and it just so happens that they received a rate increase letter in the mail that week- those are sweet! I have well over 900 active clients. But, i still have to work hard-there's plenty of clients that are active with me that I am not getting full commission on currently for various reasons, so I am in the process of remedying that but it takes time. The computer is one of my best assets, my notes on prospects are meticulous and I stay organized so I can go after prospects when i know an opportunity is there. My weakness/faults is that i often leave a lot of money on the table as they say, by not cross-selling, whether it be annuities, final expense or LTC. Diversification has been my biggest struggle-usually because of the idea that its easier for me to get out of the house with the medsupp sale and get to the next appointment. Well, that's all for now, i am newly registered and look forward to conferring with everyone here about the challenges we face on a daily basis. I have more to say but don't have the time. Please send your comments and replies! Lafayette Louisiana is a great market for medicare BTW, MA penetration is fairly low, large senior population, large rural areas where agents are vital, etc.

I am in a similar situation. I think you should partner up with some financial experts, LTCi experts and Life experts to work your client base and take a 35% cut. I learned a long time ago that trying to cross-sell takes away from what I do best. Also, you can sell their clients medsups for 65% split.

Rick, when you get selfgen's post deciphered would you please send me a copy? My appointment with my opthalmologist is a couple of weeks away. Just looking at that post makes my eyes hurt!

Rick, when you get selfgen's post deciphered would you please send me a copy? My appointment with my opthalmologist is a couple of weeks away. Just looking at that post makes my eyes hurt!

The guy is busy. He said what he had to say and moved on to work.

Why don't you two get off your seat and get out and work, like he does?

Rather than suggest he "provide paragraphs."

Some agents have been on this forum too long.

thanks, montana!

you're exactly right. i was rushing to get out of the office this morning to start my day and I was just typing away off the top of my head. who has time to format? I guess since there were no typos or grammatical errors and since my post was so coherent ( of course they read it ) that they had to take some kind of shot at me. And to think I was looking forward to the feedback my post would get.

thanks, montana!

you're exactly right. i was rushing to get out of the office this morning to start my day and I was just typing away off the top of my head. who has time to format? I guess since there were no typos or grammatical errors and since my post was so coherent ( of course they read it ) that they had to take some kind of shot at me. And to think I was looking forward to the feedback my post would get.

Selfgen,
Your post was fine, but formatting does help. You could consider it a courtesy to the readers. I don't think it hurts to try to get some sort of standard above text-messaging level on the forums. I'm not saying that you need to put it in Turabian format or anything that technical, but a lot of people posting will never even capitalize or start new paragraphs! I see those things as basic aspects of communication. It just doesn't seem professional to write any other way.

Just my humble opinion...

Back