TA Standard for this Risk Assessment

I don't trust Trans to pay anyway, but it seems as though that would be difficult. They can see the most recent fill date on the Nitro so they would have that info at the time of underwriting. On one of them I wrote, "Takes nitrostat as needed, angina diagnosed 6 years ago." Seems like they'd have a hard time getting out of that one for that particular reason, but who knows?

They can always wiggle out. "As needed" could've been 2 years ago, as far as the refill date...it is just like any med...it has a shelf life. I think most get it refilled quarterly, even when not taking it.

I don't trust Trans to pay anyway, but it seems as though that would be difficult. They can see the most recent fill date on the Nitro so they would have that info at the time of underwriting. On one of them I wrote, "Takes nitrostat as needed, angina diagnosed 6 years ago." Seems like they'd have a hard time getting out of that one for that particular reason, but who knows?

Companies will move heaven and earth to find a reason to not pay.

I honestly never thought of it that way, but Trans has approved at least two off the top of my head at preferred rates who have taken nitro within the last two years. Both had been taking it for longer than two.

So when are you coming down to GA?

And there lies the problem with all Fe apps. Many of the questions have a ton of wiggle room for the company's to deny claims. I really believe it should be required for companies to list the % of contestable claims they pay. Who's had contestable claims with Snl or
Trinity?We know Uhl will do everything possible not to pay.

TA Standard for the win.

Read TA's Agent Guide - nitro usage beyond two years from original diagnosis for angina is considered maintenance, thus the answer can be answered "no."

Back