TA Standard for this Risk Assessment

Ok. What about the angina part of the question. Nitro is only half the problem..right?

Per Transamerica's Agent Guide:

"When angina was diagnosed between 12 and 24 months ago, the answer to this question is yes. When angina was diagnosed 24 months ago or longer and ongoing prescriptions such as nitrates are prescribed, the answer to this portion of the question is no."

Good question, probably September. Right now focused on my daughter carrying our first grandchild in NC. Due in August.

Be prepared to be owned. My granddaughter owns me and I am good with that. First time she put her arms out for me and said PaPa I wanted to buy her a car.

Per Transamerica's Agent Guide: "When angina was diagnosed between 12 and 24 months ago, the answer to this question is yes. When angina was diagnosed 24 months ago or longer and ongoing prescriptions such as nitrates are prescribed, the answer to this portion of the question is no."

You know I'm playing Devil's Advocate, hopefully. It says nothing about First diagnosed, if said PI had some Angina 13 months ago and popped a pill...does that not restart the clock?

This is obviously different than isosorbide-mono nitrate. I'm specifically talking about a new bout of angina.

You know I'm playing Devil's Advocate, hopefully. It says nothing about First diagnosed, if said PI had some Angina 13 months ago and popped a pill...does that not restart the clock? This is obviously different than isosorbide-mono nitrate. I'm specifically talking about a new bout of angina.

Man, I thought Iso and Nitro were the same thing.

And yes it restarts the clock.

I know, but we have a dissenting opinion.

Nitro doesn't count as maintenance because it's not a daily medication. Like you said, it's for a sudden bout of angina, so either way it's going to cause a yes answer.

More info on angina.

The question is Angina an event like a heart attack or stroke, or a chronic condition like COPD?

Based on the wording of the Agent Guide, they are using the word "nitrates," which is a classification of a series of different medications, including nitro-tabs and isosorbide nitrate drugs.

I can see where the confusion lies.

I personally take the description "prescribed" means to medically direct the patient to use the medication in addition to fill it, meaning the applicant can take the meds to manage the diagnosis, and after two years of taking the prescribed meds, they can answer "no" to that particular question.

Back