Taking the business serious.

California has just above the same population as the entire country of Canada. 40 million vs 37 million.

While we have a net loss population... it's a small dent.

The latest stat I saw was 340,000 moved out of California? But California has a population of 40 million. Unless they all moved from my city, I doubt I'll notice anything in the traffic.

Saw an article the other day that said CA is substantially net negative for people moving out within the US but they get so many people moving TO the US that their population continues to grow.

I recently watched Hannity interview Newsom and ask him about his many, many, many failures in Ca. Boy that Newsom is slippery. One thing that Newsom did cop to was being the only person in history to govern over Ca during a net population loss.

So yeah, I think we've had net population loss, or he wouldn't have admitted to it. This state is so beautiful and has so much to offer, I think people will continue to move here no matter how mismanaged it is.

California is still the 5th or 4th largest insurance market in the world.

I don't really have plans to leave. Everywhere else just seems so... small.

Recently I have a foot issue that has shut me down from driving for a few months. Reality hit on the importance of disability coverage for clients and as a agent building up a renewal base and if building having a producing team of you got knocked off track.

Today should it be emphasized that new agents get comfortable doing phone sales? Of course I'm mostly taking about the life side.

When I entered this business, I bought DI coverage on myself -- with a lot of increase options for the future. I opted in and took all that came to me. But, I am embarrassed to say, I never applied for more/additional coverage and ended up under-insured. Grossly. After 5 years -- again, very embarrassed -- my own business partner turned the tables on me, put me in the client chair, and basically sold me on applying for more coverage. He pulled out an application, and handed it to me. He told me he expected on our new business staff person's desk in the morning. It was! When I got to the agent page and had to complete the agent information and the commission -- I was tempted to put his name down!!! LMAO!

I have never made that mistake again. Every time I was eligible, had room, etc., I bought more. The limits and caps were much higher back then. Today I could never get the amount of coverage I already have! I maxed myself out, when the limits and caps were much higher! I sell a great deal of DI coverage because of it. Paid for my own coverage 100 times over. Even more! I could never get coverage equal to my renewals, so I hope I never need to access that coverage. Even in retirement, with run offs and persistency payouts, pension, NQDC, etc. -- wouldn't even come close!

I can't speak enough about DI to people who are eligible for it! Thanks for posting this!

I recently watched Hannity interview Newsom and ask him about his many, many, many failures in Ca. Boy that Newsom is slippery. One thing that Newsom did cop to was being the only person in history to govern over Ca during a net population loss.

So yeah, I think we've had net population loss, or he wouldn't have admitted to it. This state is so beautiful and has so much to offer, I think people will continue to move here no matter how mismanaged it is.

I am sure Newsom says it was planned for getting rid of those far right bigoted racists that are leaving, so he would claim victory (winning by subtraction). However, many of the friends & relatives I have that moved from CA to places like NV, Arizona, Texas, NM were definitely more liberal

Back