Technical Questions, Experts Only

Broker22

Expert
The question. I did on exchange app with subsidy for a family with no previous insurance. Requested a 1-01-2015 effective date.Since the app was submitted after 12-15-2014 they were given a 2-01-2015 effective date. They now have found they have to undergo major treatment ,started in January. Is there any way I can go back on exchange file an appeal or some way through some means to get a 1-01-2015 ED ? l etc..any ideas
:1frown: thanks. I do believe carrier had an extension to 12-20-2014.but don't know if it was for sep's,canceled policies only .

If you completed on Federal exchange then probably won't help to try an appeal the cutoff was 12/15 in your instance. But if you want to spend a little time on the phone, and ask for supervisor, stranger things have happened.

No previous insurance. No S.E.P back to 1/1/15. As I tell everyone, I have yet to meet someone that can time an illness or accident well.

Tack on a short term for 1 month of coverage next time. It should be an inexpensive way to cya.

IMO :no: STM wouldn't have negated this situation. Being the fact that you noted " undergo major treatment " leads me to believe that there was a pre x that would have prevented it from being covered.

Back