Terminated for Quality of Business

I’ve actually had agents flat out tell company employees stuff like “I only give you my overweight people with COPD” and then be surprised when they get termed a week later.

Every company wants to think they get first choice at all your biz. They have no idea if you write 3-cases a year or 1000 cases a year until you tell them.

When you explain to them you are only giving them your junk, it might feel good but there is no reason for you to say that. What do you expect them to do with that information?

It doesn’t happen every time. But it does often enough to not do it.

Do most FE carriers regularly terminate agents for poor quality of business?

Sounds like RNA.

If so your metrics were available everytime you logged on.

There’s 3 bars.

red/orange/green for each.

you can have all orange and not be termed. You can have orange on two and red on one and not be termed.

of course they want all 3 green.

but if you ever get 2 reds you are termed.

and if termed by them for poor quality business you can never recontract with them.

most companies track the same metrics. Most aren’t as upfront about it as RNA.

I remember great western sending out a email they were monitoring death claims .If excessive then termed . I had quite a few and I’m still with them . Also columbian in their agent guide said they meet once a month and monitor contestable death claims . If you have excessive card contestable clams you’ll be termed

If a company wants to term someone for their quality of business, who cares?

It's not a business relationship anyone should want. Good riddance!

I will never kowtow to some desk jockeys whims of how to do business that they have never done.

Back