The CEO of CFP doesn't hold a CFP? What?

I see your point, but.....do you carry every type of insurance that you sell?

Apples and Oranges.

If I am crusading for regulatory and progressive change... and I represent a given mark... I should be holding that mark and understand the implications of such decisions as a practitioner.

Apples and Oranges.

If I am crusading for regulatory and progressive change... and I represent a given mark... I should be holding that mark and understand the implications of such decisions as a practitioner.
The argument is so silly.

The CFP board is a large organization that has a huge budget (in their respective industry). It's not some alphabet soup b.s. designation that is easily attainable by taking a few classes.

Most of their leadership isn't CFPs because they aren't in client facing or client supporting roles. They are in charge of growing and managing the organization.

Their CFO doesn't have one either. He's a CPA. Their head of compliance doesn't either. He's a J.D.

The CFP board operates as a company, spreading awareness and enforcing their code.

You don't need to have the designation (which again, requires 1000s of hours of client facing/planning experience) to be able to be very successful accomplishing those goals.

Back