The first year…

Jkelzey

That’s all I hear is the first year is the hardest… can I vent here, because I’m going to vent here.

I got started over a year ago with an agency that I sold 5 policies for and literally never made a dime for. I didn’t know the game didn’t know how an agency could screw me like that. I took a title loan on my car at that time for license, exam, leads etc. so that money and savings were never recovered. I am with an agency now that does have great uplines and will try to get you where you need to be as far as making money. Once you have your savings drained it is hard to start again from fresh. My car was repossessed a month ago. The day before I was dropped from my bachelors degree program with 2 classes left until done. I would have graduated last week. Over tuition. The day after that a 16 year old kid threatened my 8 year old because he thought my son hit his window with a rock. He didn’t, I watched. My disturbing the good neighbor policy over me trying to find where this teenager lived and him cussing me caused me to be very loud. This got me served with an eviction. I’m trying so freakin hard and I’m determined to make this career in insurance work. Not sure if the devil trying to make me fail or God teaching a lesson but I’m exhausted. My Mema passed last Monday too. I’m getting referrals in life insurance finally. Very few. I’m so in the hole the pay is gone before I see it. I’m finishing up all my Medicare recertifications for the coming plan year. Just finished up all my ACA contracting.

Someone tell me light is at the end of the tunnel

That’s all I hear is the first year is the hardest… can I vent here, because I’m going to vent here.

I got started over a year ago with an agency that I sold 5 policies for and literally never made a dime for. I didn’t know the game didn’t know how an agency could screw me like that. I took a title loan on my car at that time for license, exam, leads etc. so that money and savings were never recovered. I am with an agency now that does have great uplines and will try to get you where you need to be as far as making money. Once you have your savings drained it is hard to start again from fresh. My car was repossessed a month ago. The day before I was dropped from my bachelors degree program with 2 classes left until done. I would have graduated last week. Over tuition. The day after that a 16 year old kid threatened my 8 year old because he thought my son hit his window with a rock. He didn’t, I watched. My disturbing the good neighbor policy over me trying to find where this teenager lived and him cussing me caused me to be very loud. This got me served with an eviction. I’m trying so freakin hard and I’m determined to make this career in insurance work. Not sure if the devil trying to make me fail or God teaching a lesson but I’m exhausted. My Mema passed last Monday too. I’m getting referrals in life insurance finally. Very few. I’m so in the hole the pay is gone before I see it. I’m finishing up all my Medicare recertifications for the coming plan year. Just finished up all my ACA contracting.

Someone tell me light is at the end of the tunnel

May not be the hep you are looking for.

What state are you in?

If you have solid referrals maybe someone here will do a split with you. Get some cash in your pocket.

Life sucks sometimes, but it awesomer more.

Lee

If you are broke starting a career in life insurance is not a good choice. Save 5k and few months of rent first. Medicare and ACA wont pay you much first year. You need to eat first. Please dont focus on them. If you are licensed already I suggest joining telesales for FE or Mortgage protection on a salaried basis. And lets see if you can make sales. If you can make sales, next step would be to join an independent IMO.

Back