• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

The Life of an Internet Insurance Lead

Leads are usually sold and resold over and over and over again. They usually become useless shortly after they are generated as they get bombarded with phone calls. You could always test this out yourself and sign up at one of these places that gather and sell data yourself with a throwaway phone and see how many phone calls you get.

That's a little bit much to do if you're not really interested in doing it but as a marketer I've done it. I signed up as an auto lead and used a tracfone as my phone number. I was getting an absurd amount of calls and a lot of things were really unrelated.

In the end, you really have to do your homework on where you buy leads from and where they get their leads from in order to be able to close on them.

its more than just the lead . you need to build a relationship with the consumer you speak with regardless if you write the policy at that moment or not. you paid for that lead, you cant count on insurance lead companies giving you credit. So if you pay 300-500 bucks for 25-35 leads, take advantage of every person you speak with. Theres no reason to get annoyed that they already spoke with 3 other people. LAUGH! SMILE! Enjoy the fact that they are in a position to speak with 5 insurance agents. They're obviously looking to purchase. If they don't purchase now, they will purchase later. Keep the consumers information, call them once a month. Don't send stupid post cards or direct mail. It doesn't work much anymore with the younger crowd. and just because a company states that they have exclusive leads doesn't mean that your the only agent to talk to the consumer. Where is this company getting their EXCLUSIVE leads from? If they're buying and re-selling, they are legally aloud to promise that they send the lead to one agent, but it doesn't mean that it wasnt already sent to 5 people

Back