The SEO Game Changes Again

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
How Google's Social Search Shift Will Impact Your Brand's SEO

Great. I didn't have a company Plus page, but I do now. And now apparently I have to learn a lot about circles.

What I didn't know is if you're logged into your Google account, your search results are by default changed.

It also means means that I'll never be able to see how my site is ranking when people are logging into Google and searching for my keyword terms.

Just fantastic.

So I tried it out, logged into Google and ran a "health insurance" search. Result?

"150 personal results and 91,300,000 other results (0.33 seconds)"

Why Google's Social Search Is Too Much, Too Soon

Last edited:
man.....now if I can get every one to sign into my google account I will rule......hahahahahaha......

How Google's Social Search Shift Will Impact Your Brand's SEO

Great. I didn't have a company Plus page, but I do now. And now apparently I have to learn a lot about circles.

What I didn't know is if you're logged into your Google account, your search results are by default changed.

It also means means that I'll never be able to see how my site is ranking when people are logging into Google and searching for my keyword terms.

Just fantastic.

So I tried it out, logged into Google and ran a "health insurance" search. Result?

"150 personal results and 91,300,000 other results (0.33 seconds)"

Why Google's Social Search Is Too Much, Too Soon

Use Firefox for your browser and install a firefox add in called google global and you can get the results for different locations. If you do business in multiple states you can see what they are searching for in that area.

If you want to see the non-personalized results you'd get from typing the exact term, in the left hand column click more tools, then verbatim.

It removes the personalization, other than the most local data center's results giving the answer.

This really does affect seo to a notable degree.

I don't think it really affects it to the point that
backlinks,pagerank, etc are no longer important
but it does make rankings much less consistent.

Honestly that's a shame. I don't know about you
guys but most times when I search for something
I am not logged into my gmail though.

Back