The Ultimate "fake It Till You Make It" Article:

DHK

RFC®, ChFC®, CLU®
5000 Post Club
NAIFA's Advisor Today - Creating an Image of Success

The key part of this article was "Each wants to work with affluent clients."

Nowhere was there any advice to work a lower profile to EARN the money to afford this "image".

This was all about "increase your debt", "get a better image", "vacation at high dollar places", "lease your car"...

Such horrible financial advice for new agents in this article... but I have to admit: I'm not running the #1 financial services agency for MassMutual.

Last edited:

Nowhere was there any advice to work a lower profile to EARN the money to afford this "image".

This was all about "increase your debt", "get a better image", "vacation at high dollar places", "lease your car"...

Such horrible financial advice for new agents in this article... but I have to admit: I'm not running the #1 financial services agency for MassMutual.

It's articles like this that remind me of driving home one night past my bank and their sign was "Want a vacation we have a home equity loan for that". Made me realize bad advice is everywhere.....Yeah put your home at risk to take a vacation you can not afford.

NAIFA's Advisor Today - Creating an Image of Success The key part of this article was "Each wants to work with affluent clients." Nowhere was there any advice to work a lower profile to EARN the money to afford this "image". This was all about "increase your debt", "get a better image", "vacation at high dollar places", "lease your car"... Such horrible financial advice for new agents in this article... but I have to admit: I'm not running the #1 financial services agency for MassMutual.
You see this everywhere. The fancy car the guy driving cannot afford to put new tires on and the big house with almost no furniture in it. It us a dumb dumb dumb way to life.

Last edited:

90% of Americans have adopted this mindset. Old news.

Every time I hear this strategy, I think of the Dare to be Great Guys running around in their alligator shoes, mink cuff links, fake Rolexes and driving their rented Caddys.. :no:

Every time I hear this strategy, I think of the Dare to be Great Guys running around in their alligator shoes, mink cuff links, fake Rolexes and driving their rented Caddys.. :no:

That strategy is the farthest thing in the world from what "The Millionaire Next Door" describes.

Last edited:
seeing how I spend about half of my working hours wearing pajamas, maybe I should stop buying them from Walmart and start buying them at Neiman Marcus?:yes::laugh::swoon::twitchy:

Back