The Ultimate "fake It Till You Make It" Article:

Agreed. It does depend on your purpose and intent behind the purchase.

Of course, one can take the idea from The Magic of Thinking Big and "spend twice as much and buy 1/2 as many" as one way to go about this.

But I think it's more of a "money management" perspective rather than leading with the problems we solve.

Anybody ever see Ben Feldman and what he wore? John Savage? Van Mueller? They did and do tons of business... and they aren't flashy at all.

There is mainly one agent that I know of that have a little 'flash': Thomas Love. He drives a Bentley (used), has a classic car collection, watch collection, pen collection, etc. He likes nice things and yes, I know that these tastes help him open doors to business, but he knows it's not the reason why people do business with him.

The other top agent I know of... is probably the #1 agent in the world: Dr. Sanjay Tolani. He did 1,201 times MDRT last year. He lives in Dubai, but does business all around the world. Yes, he has many homes around the world, all the dream cars you would want, and more. He dresses modestly and he's problem and solutions focused.

I completely agree with you that one does not necessarily exclude the other.

Back