This is a Great Business.

Another benefit of this business I just learned about is....insurance renewal income does not count toward the maximum income allowed to get social security at 62 or full retirement age. Only new business commissions counts.
Come on social security check. I'm turning 62 in August, and letting my life's foot off the accelerator forever.

It's been a helleva ride, but I am ready to stop "dialing for dollars".

billberry12 said:
Another benefit of this business I just learned about is....insurance renewal income does not count toward the maximum income allowed to get social security at 62 or full retirement age. Only new business commissions counts.
Come on social security check. I'm turning 62 in August, and letting my life's foot off the accelerator forever.

It's been a helleva ride, but I am ready to stop "dialing for dollars".

Really its 1099ed the same non issue for as social security is 30 years away.

I never knew that. I guess they consider the payouts like an annuity payout or a pension or something. I do not think SS will be around when I hit 70. Oh yeah, and they made it 70 for me, not 65.... I honestly hope it's reformed by then, maybe privatized. Not to get all political, and it's a hot button issue, but it's failing right now the way it is.

7:00 am on a Sunday morning. My wife and kids are all asleep. I am headed out the door on a three hour drive to a couple appointments. The people I am seeing already know the what and how much, so the both meetings will be pretty casual.

Who wants to work on a Sunday morning? I do. Because I work in this business I am able to schedule my own time. I was able to do some family stuff earlier in the week without having to worry that I may be fired.

Because of this business I can take days off during the week to hang out and do projects with one of my sons that leave to Boot Camp in a couple months. Or take my Ill mother to a doctors appointment or just have lunch with her. Or enjoy the spring mornings on the patio after the kids are off to school. Because of this business I will make as much on one Sunday afternoon as some people labor a month for.

For all of our bitching and moaning. We have it pretty good.

Next week I may feel differently.

I agree 100%. In 1 1/2 months I will be a medic, was offered a paid job and have starting doing what I was doing a volunteer, and I love the commercial p&c end of the insurance business. Many times I earn money sleeping if we are not busy running calls.I am doing what I want to do, and not doing what I don't want to do, ALL BECAUSE OF THE INSURANCE BUSINESS!!

Last edited:
Norwayguy,

Can you explain the following statement so I can understand it. I am little slow.

"Really its 1099ed the same non issue for as social security is 30 years away. ":nah:

billberry12 said:
Norwayguy,

Can you explain the following statement so I can understand it. I am little slow.

"Really its 1099ed the same non issue for as social security is 30 years away. ":nah:

Yeah let me start another rant on auto correct. All my renewals have always been 1099ed the same as FYC. It's a non issue for me though as social security is 30 years away for me.

Back