This take the cake on Dsnp benefits : Robotic companion

DonP

Guru
1000 Post Club
Wow just crazy, WellCare offering a robotic companion to take the place of”cats or dogs” on one of their dsnp’s. They also are offering utility bill help and up to $100 mail order food. When you knock on a senior door a robot will attack you instead of dog. Wouldn’t be surprised to see blow up sex dolls next. Were does the insanity end . It’s a free for all now . CO’s are addicting people to free benefits. It’s like Xmas for dsnp clients . Food cards , utility help, robots,OTC , even saw unlimited dental. Were does it end ?

Just had a client move off of WellCare. He liked the dental benefit until he went to the dentist to get a cracked tooth fixed and the dentist said it needed to be fixed. Wellcare denied the charges because he wasn’t in pain.

I hardly ever write them . I picture a customer service nightmare . They use a ton of offshore customer service reps that speak broken hard to understand English .There agent portal is terrible . There enrollment platform is the worst ( i use connecture to enroll as it requires no sig and very easy). There otc catalog is terrible ( Humana’s the best).

Wow just crazy, WellCare offering a robotic companion to take the place of”cats or dogs” on one of their dsnp’s. They also are offering utility bill help and up to $100 mail order food. When you knock on a senior door a robot will attack you instead of dog. Wouldn’t be surprised to see blow up sex dolls next. Were does the insanity end . It’s a free for all now . CO’s are addicting people to free benefits. It’s like Xmas for dsnp clients . Food cards , utility help, robots,OTC , even saw unlimited dental. Were does it end ?

Caveat, not an agent.

My suggestion would be to be careful with "unlimited dental". I believe there are a lot of ways for a carrier to limit financial exposure on dental.

Caveat, not an agent.

My suggestion would be to be careful with "unlimited dental". I believe there are a lot of ways for a carrier to limit financial exposure on dental.
It’s bs to be honest . Max 1 crown and 1 root canal a yr . Maybe a full set of dentures you can hit $3k . Honestly I’d says 75% if dsnp benefits never used . Just a game . I find many don’t know how to use . It takes effort to hunt dentists down or order the emergency response system . But Humana was a genius with their nice color otc book in ever enrollment book . People love that. They thumb thru it as I’m writing them like a kid at Xmas .

https://www.fiercehealthcare.com/he...-elliq-gets-20-update-including-caregiver-app

The first ElliQ impact studies have shown that 80% of users report a reduction in loneliness, 82% experienced better mental health and 90% feel overall better since using the robot.

“We're trying to carve out a space that allows users to form a relationship with ElliQ as ElliQ, not as anything else,” Skuler said. “The reason she kind of looks like a lamp, if you will, is we were very much inspired by Pixar, the very first animation, the little lamp. There’s a way to be super expressive with movement in lights, without pretending to be something that we're not.”

Skuler said that ElliQ is not meant to replace human connection. While human connection is undoubtedly superior, ElliQ is better than being alone.

Caveat, not an agent.

The "all you can eat" buffet has almost all gone away. No matter how many things restaurants tried to limit over-indulging and wasted food left on plates, the buffet brought in patrons but squeezed the profit margin.

Dental insurance plans, are mostly managed care with small networks . . . on average, less than 20% of dentists participate and even less in rural areas. Waiting periods, reimbursement formula's, pre-authorization, limits on certain types of care make it a nightmare for policyholders.

“The reason she kind of looks like a lamp, if you will, is we were very much inspired by Pixar, the very first animation, the little lamp.

Redefining cuddly objects . . .

Back