Threats from Agency About Debit Balances

Image an insurance company wanting to take $2,215 out of your paycheck because the agent you recruited won't respond to the companies SIX Demand Letters or the many friendly letters that we sent you after 5 months waiting for a response. After the Home Office sends SIX letters, we send two very polite FRIENDLY letters before any of the other letters are sent. It is sad that you think it is okay to stick us with a $2,215 debit after 6 months. I wish you had done the right thing in the beginning and made payment arrangements. I hope you do the right thing now and really send in payments or pay off your debit. If you like I can show copies of the many letters you were sent that were nice begging you to do something to take care of this. Image someone taking $2,215 out of your check because someone else would not do the right thing. You wrote 28 policies and only 9 of them are Active. The debt was created last November 2013 almost 6 months ago. Only after you got the mentioned postal mail did you make contact with the Home Office to make payments on the debt.

I agree with mark, pay your debt dude. It is stealing money.

These folks made any number of threats to a licensee with information made available for the public to see, including accusing me of a felony.
Not sure what kind of brilliant legal minds (if any) are working on either side of this dispute, but they can accuse you of anything they like. Ultimately in most jurisdictions, the state's attorney will decide whether to bring actual charges.

Doesn't sound like this has risen to that level..yet.

----------

One of the most prominent entities on our forum...
An "overstatement" if I ever read one!

Image an insurance company wanting to take $2,215 out of your paycheck because the agent you recruited won't respond...
Sounds almost as bad as when you sold jdeasy's phone number for marketing purposes!

"It's not like the land is taken over for Chinese communist businesses..."

Or Canadian oil, or dutch Beer or..... :)

You don't honestly think American business is only owned by Americans do you? Could very well be American business is owned by communist china as they do capitalism better than we do. I think they also own land here as well.

This is just another guy whose ran up a debt and trying to paint the other side as the bad guys.... Thing is they both owe money, they both should pay their debts.

So if you think you have a case, go see an attorney. You should still pay your debt either way.

I am curious if people ever stop to think, Maybe I can legally do this, but is it really a good idea? There are so many people out there giving contracts, do you really want to contract with someone who sends you crazy threats if you have a debt balance?

Not sure what kind of brilliant legal minds (if any) are working on either side of this dispute, but they can accuse you of anything they like. Ultimately in most jurisdictions, the state's attorney will decide whether to bring actual charges.

If it's the same piece I saw it was doing nothing more than stating the obvious. It's not a debt collection, it's a reminder to pay your debt before it goes to collections.

Like I said, in my case it was a misunderstanding, I believe I had even already paid the carrier. It was a company I didn't do much business with and on my downline I had a chargeback, so no new business was covering. I was pretty indignant about it when I got the letter, but I called Mark up, we talked, and I get it.

Mark, how many of those do you send out each month?

----------

So if you think you have a case, go see an attorney. You should still pay your debt either way.

I am curious if people ever stop to think, Maybe I can legally do this, but is it really a good idea? There are so many people out there giving contracts, do you really want to contract with someone who sends you crazy threats if you have a debt balance?

Again, if it's the same piece I saw, these aren't crazy threats. If you get debt balances against you it can get very serious very quickly. It's easier to deal with it now than it is to deal with it once it hits that point. I really don't think most agents see the gravity of the situation.

If an agent plans on not paying back debts, I'm sure Mark is happy to let them go elsewhere. If you plan on paying your debts, it's no problem.

Image an insurance company wanting to take $2,215 out of your paycheck because the agent you recruited won't respond to the companies SIX Demand Letters or the many friendly letters that we sent you after 5 months waiting for a response. After the Home Office sends SIX letters, we send two very polite FRIENDLY letters before any of the other letters are sent. It is sad that you think it is okay to stick us with a $2,215 debit after 6 months. I wish you had done the right thing in the beginning and made payment arrangements. I hope you do the right thing now and really send in payments or pay off your debit. If you like I can show copies of the many letters you were sent that were nice begging you to do something to take care of this. Image someone taking $2,215 out of your check because someone else would not do the right thing. You wrote 28 policies and only 9 of them are Active. The debt was created last November 2013 almost 6 months ago. Only after you got the mentioned postal mail did you make contact with the Home Office to make payments on the debt.

Sounds like and effective piece too bad there isn't one to make consumers respond :)

----------

Pretty sure "most" agents don't contract with the thought of running up a debit balance as most want to actually earn business....To all you holiness out there Yes I am aware there very well are agents looking to take you for a ride.

My friend co sign for me on my power bill. I dont understand why he is mad at me. He calls me today and says the power company is threaten him. I only own like $2100 after 6 months of not paying. So what if they sent me a letter every month begging me to call in and get on a payment plan. He was very rude to me and even sent me a nasty letter saying he was going to sue me. I told him I was going to get on a payment plan soon and didnt know what his problem was. Last time I let him co sign for me. The nerve of some people!

Pretty sure "most" agents don't contract with the thought of running up a debit balance as most want to actually earn business....To all you holiness out there Yes I am aware there very well are agents looking to take you for a ride.

I doubt anyone contracts with the intention of running up a debt balance, but it does happen. I've had some chargebacks from companies I wrote only a few pieces with. I paid it and moved on. Stuff happens, but if I got a letter from an IMO that the world just ended? I wouldn't let that just slide.

I doubt anyone contracts with the intention of running up a debt balance, but it does happen. I've had some chargebacks from companies I wrote only a few pieces with. I paid it and moved on. Stuff happens, but if I got a letter from an IMO that the world just ended? I wouldn't let that just slide.

Heck I gotten the letters from a carrier I did not write much with. I always take a look and see if something will become and earned commission in the near future. Last one was with MOO I called them and pointed out I was due to have another policy pay off the advance and the first months commission should pay off the balance which should be in 30 days do they want to wait or want my debit card, my preference was to wait and they agreed, I think they just wanted me to speak to them.

Having said that I have also been on the recieving end of chargebacks from a carrier that based on how you did not vest and the policy of allowing other agents to go in and rewrite your business causing chargebacks I wouldn't just accept that I owe whatever a carrier sent my way.

Back